Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Locking Glove Box or Safe Box?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2012, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by punk3r
I think i'm gonna go with a medium size GunVault bolted to the floorboard under the pass. seat. Big enough to hold mine and the wife's guns. A small safe box bolted to the right side of the trunk is the back up option.
I agree, something in the trunk is best. But to each his own.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 12:41 PM

I would love a locking mechanism on the glove box. When I get the car detailed I don't want them in my glove box. If the police pull my over (Search & Seizure) I'd like a lockable box for my LEGAL items.
Old May 9, 2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by RAPTR
I went with the Bulldog because of how rugged it is and the ability to bolt it to the floor.
I like your reasons for choosing this. I've been researching locking boxes for too many hours now. Do you happen to have any pics of it mounted? Was it pretty straightforward? Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are lots of reasons to have a lockable glovebox, even if it is plastic and relatively easy to defeat. Someone mentioned valets, and thats a very good one. Sure, a valet could break open your locked glovebox with a pry bar. But then he'd have a lot of explaining as to why your glovebox is broken when you get your car back. Same for service shops when you leave your car with them. I want to be able to leave my car with a valet and enter a restaurant without my pants bulging with my digital camera, spare usb battery, checkbook, and whatever small valuables I might have in the glovebox. This thread is kind of old, but has anyone come up with a solution other than a separate car safe? That is also a little inconvenient compared with a glovebox that is easy to reach.