Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Unable to set Evoscan gauges

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2014, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Unable to set Evoscan gauges

Hi to all, I have an annoying problem I can't figure out by myself using gauges in Evoscan (V 2.9.0023).
I create my own style using an existing layout but it won't work. I'm able to save the layout I see (name of gauges, position and so on), also state and numeric indicator parameters. What I can't setup correctly is under "edit template" menu. I can change name of gauges, numeric indication options, scales etc then i press "apply", "finish" and I save changes.
Everytime I close Evoscan I can't have these parameters as saved and I have to do all again.
Someone can help me?

Thanks!
Old May 2, 2014, 02:00 AM
Evolving Member

Help please!
Old May 2, 2014, 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you would have better luck under Electrical, Audio Security. Or even Show and shine. No luck on the manu website?
Old May 3, 2014, 07:13 PM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
because Evoscan is broken. Certain parts of it just don't work and probably never will.

Welcome to the worst customer service of your life, too. As in, you're never going to get help. If you want to try, though, you can try here

Last edited by ikt; May 5, 2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Hi guys,
thanks for reply! I hope someone can figure it out for me (not hoping in the customer service though)!
Old May 5, 2014, 09:59 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Fede
Hi to all, I have an annoying problem I can't figure out by myself using gauges in Evoscan (V 2.9.0023).
I create my own style using an existing layout but it won't work. I'm able to save the layout I see (name of gauges, position and so on), also state and numeric indicator parameters. What I can't setup correctly is under "edit template" menu. I can change name of gauges, numeric indication options, scales etc then i press "apply", "finish" and I save changes.
Everytime I close Evoscan I can't have these parameters as saved and I have to do all again.
Someone can help me?

Thanks!
Hi Fede, send us an email or support ticket, I see none from you yet, under the name "Fede"
Have you tried saving to the documents folder, the program files folder is locked down by microsoft now.
Old May 6, 2014, 03:22 AM
Evolving Member

Ticket sent! Waiting for reply.
Thanks!
Old May 7, 2014, 07:09 AM
Silver Sponsor

Ticket sent! Waiting for reply.
Thanks!
received, and replied. thanks for the extra details to replicate.
Old May 30, 2014, 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Update:
no answer from 2014-05-12.
2014-05-22 I checked and the status of my ticket was "resolved". I wrote back again, now is still open but nothing happened in the last 18 days.
Old May 30, 2014, 11:30 AM
ikt
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Update:
no answer from 2014-05-12.
2014-05-22 I checked and the status of my ticket was "resolved". I wrote back again, now is still open but nothing happened in the last 18 days.
yup
Old May 31, 2014, 06:43 AM
Silver Sponsor

install evoscan to c:\evoscan\

that way Windows File Protection (WFP),part of the System File Checker, can not block your read/write access to the gauges folder.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks a lot.
I'll test this solution.
Is this a common problem?
Old Jun 11, 2014, 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoscan
install evoscan to c:\evoscan\

that way Windows File Protection (WFP),part of the System File Checker, can not block your read/write access to the gauges folder.
Tested.
I've lost 40 minute to done all properly and reset all my logging items like before, with right units and so on.
Now it's installed in c:\evoscan and nothing changes, files inside gauges folder are saved with the current date (everytime I save/close them) but when I open my gauge layout I lose all the setting saved: scales, numeric indicators and so on, exactly as before.
Hope to find a solution because I can't use Evoscan if I have to spend 10 minute to set gauges everytime I open my laptop.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 06:03 AM
Silver Sponsor

Hi guys,
thanks for reply! I hope someone can figure it out for me (not hoping in the customer service though)!
I'm surprised nobody else has the same issue? or has found a workaround for it yet. I can check it out and fix it.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 04:29 AM
Silver Sponsor

ok I found where you were going wrong...

you must change this inside the GaugeMin="0" GaugeMax="1000" in your \Documents\EvoScan v2.9\DataSettings\ xml files.. you can not change it in the GaugeLayout or GaugeTemplate.

I have some code that runs after loading the Templates and Layouts, that resets all the Scale Min and Max to whatever you have specified in the DataSettings xml, the good reason for doing it this way is that you can use different vehicles with the same layout then. i.e. different vehicles may have different Min and Max datasettings files.

Last edited by evoscan; Jul 2, 2014 at 04:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Unable to set Evoscan gauges