Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buying a new car next week! Need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Insurance and maintenance are more expensive on the Evo than probably some of the Mustangs and M3s, generally speaking , but that should not be a factor that should sway you away from an Evo or any other car that you feel passionate about. In fact my wife's Abarth costs just as much as my Evo to insure for 6 months and we both have clean driving records, it's all relative in the end. Just because a car costs more to maintain that doesn't make it worse to own either. There is a reason why a car performs like the Evo does and that's due to high quality parts for the things that it does best, which is go fast and go fast around corners. In the end you will likely come to the conclusion that you have to do the responsible thing and not buy something that you cannot afford. It wouldn't be fun for me to own an Evo if I constantly had to think about not being able to afford the gas that consumed it the money that is costs to maintain and insure, that would be totally un-gratifying.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wat da??evo x has str8 line performance.check out kozmic evo x.top out at like 230mph.let alone in the twisted it be no biggie for da evo x.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 08:25 PM

to me it seems the evo is a lil bit more of a rarity to see around my area which is buffalo, ny i always see STI and 5.0. i like the look of the evo way better then the sti but i like the way the sti drives and feels also interior is way better. and i wouldnt even bother with the 5.0 everyone has them they are boring
Old Aug 5, 2014, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 5.0 right now and looking to get into an Evo X hopefully soon. I actually miss my RA over the 5.0
Old Aug 5, 2014, 06:17 PM

In my opinion the sti's are cool but much over priced.... The evos are dope, I have an evo x, but they're expensive to mod and good luck when you break things$$$..... The 5.0's are cool too, and may not be as rare but probably won't hurt your wallet as much as far as moding....... All up to ur preference, you're comparing 3 totally different cars, but good luck!