Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Sluggish when pulling out

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah it is normal, same feeling in my 14 GSR
Old Sep 15, 2014, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

do the 14s still have that 1st gear limiter? i have an 08 MR and i have to blip the throttle when i want to take off fast from a stop. literally no power from 1K-2K. almost killed myself twice when i was making turns into traffic and the evo stalls for 1-2sec.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by vassili
do the 14s still have that 1st gear limiter? i have an 08 MR and i have to blip the throttle when i want to take off fast from a stop. literally no power from 1K-2K. almost killed myself twice when i was making turns into traffic and the evo stalls for 1-2sec.
When I got the car I almost did the same thing. You have to get the revs up a little before pulling out especially if you're on a grade. Either tap the gas a few times before releasing the clutch or ride the clutch just a little. They have such a low gas pedal, the first thing I'm changing in the tune on this is how lacking the gas response is
Old Sep 15, 2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by vassili

the MRs stall?
Old Sep 15, 2014, 03:32 PM

I have a 2014 and mines sluggish as well. I've just learned how to get use to it, it's the weirdest thing lol. I'm very cautious when I turn into traffic, especially if the oncoming traffic is going at high speeds. I'm constantly giving myself a lot of room before turning into traffic as well.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakee
I have a 2014 and mines sluggish as well. I've just learned how to get use to it, it's the weirdest thing lol. I'm very cautious when I turn into traffic, especially if the oncoming traffic is going at high speeds. I'm constantly giving myself a lot of room before turning into traffic as well.
The key is to floor it 2 seconds before you need to then you merge no worries.

That's how I win races, I punch it on yellow on the light that is not my own, then when it's green on mine moments later...

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo oooooooSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!

weeee!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
The key is to floor it 2 seconds before you need to then you merge no worries. That's how I win races, I punch it on yellow on the light that is not my own, then when it's green on mine moments later... BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo oooooooSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!! weeee!
Haha very true! I ordered some bushings and a works short throw today. Hopefully that reduces the 2nd to 3rd notchy shifts lol, that would make me very happy. Then exhaust time
Old Sep 16, 2014, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mivec changes alone will get you away from the bog off the line.

I ran a different MIVEC map and noticed that with some exhaust advance right off idle 1st gear from a dead stop wasn't so bad.

The newer cars already run very high timing near idle, so all that's really needed is the mivec adjustment. Leave fuel and timing alone until you can get a pro-tune. As long as you monitor knock its fine.