Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Thinking about switching out the exhaust to ETS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2015, 05:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hispanicpanic
I never really noticed a drone with this setup. Not to say its not loud, what i mean is i don't notice any excessive noise within a very specific area in the audible spectrum. It is definately loud, and in normal crusing i have to crank the radio to 28-30 (non rockford system) in order to hear anything, but i've gotten used to it. Its not hard to get used to, and i've driven the car on multiple 4-5 hour road trips no problem. I've even had telephone converstions in it. It seems the resonator only affects the raspyness of the exhaust note, if you could even consider it raspy. Every now and then there's a moment where i wish it was quieter, but honestly every time i open up the throttle it makes me soooooo glad its as loud as it is. WOT on the extreeme is ****ing extreemely awesome. I'm shooting flames for days on this thing too.

If you can hold out for a few months, i'm going to take my car to MSR cresson and i could give you a shout then. You can hear the car rip **** on the track
Are you going to MSR Cresson at the end of March? I just did the February 7-8 weekend out there. Almost signed up for March too. Yeah let me know when you're going out there, as I want hear that thing for sure! I go out there and take photos sometimes when I'm not driving anyway, so definitely worth the trip if I can hear your exhaust, and maybe catch a ride with you on the lunch time parade laps.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakee
Do you have the test pipe or are you running the stock cat?

Also, would you consider this exhaust to sound raspy? I'm trying to decide between the Extreme or the Regular. So any info helps out a lot
test pipe. I don't think its raspy at all. Its quite smooth actually
Old Feb 17, 2015, 07:04 PM

Here's a pull I did the other day not fully WOT but u get the idea.
IMO I got use to the sound of it and just like someone said when u go WOT it's a whole diff sound and could get addicting !!!!

http://youtu.be/pPetuxX-sq4
Old Feb 17, 2015, 08:16 PM

I have a turbo back ETS single exit with a recirculated DP. Sounds amazing to me, with a clean note. I am going back to stock so if you're interested PM!
Old Feb 22, 2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by vitamin4b11t
Here's a pull I did the other day not fully WOT but u get the idea.
IMO I got use to the sound of it and just like someone said when u go WOT it's a whole diff sound and could get addicting !!!!

http://youtu.be/pPetuxX-sq4
no crazy drone on the freeway? i kinda want the extreme but having and knowing the fact that quiet version gives you drones (very minimum) but i wonder if its any worse with extereme
Old Feb 23, 2015, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
If you're in texas, i'll be at MSR Cresson March 28th. Come out and hear my ETS extreeme roar. Also, if you have a tomei you'd like to sell/trade me, let me know!!
Old Feb 23, 2015, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by stinowevox
no crazy drone on the freeway? i kinda want the extreme but having and knowing the fact that quiet version gives you drones (very minimum) but i wonder if its any worse with extereme
u do get drone i wanna say around 2800/3500 rpm
but after that you should be fine... something the radio can fix lol
i personally have gotten use to to it and don't mind it
Old Feb 24, 2015, 09:45 AM

A buddy of mine that has had many exhausts recommended ETS V2 Quiet to me. said it sounds great and easy to live with.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by TheDough
A buddy of mine that has had many exhausts recommended ETS V2 Quiet to me. said it sounds great and easy to live with.
i do have the quiet version myself and it does sound great and easy to live with but uknow we who mods car once something new like every month so i just wanted to have the extreme and the quiet version and switch around depending on my mood. or i should buy the regular version and be in the middle.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by stinowevox
i do have the quiet version myself and it does sound great and easy to live with but uknow we who mods car once something new like every month so i just wanted to have the extreme and the quiet version and switch around depending on my mood. or i should buy the regular version and be in the middle.

I personally love the extreme. In some youtube videos, the Extreme sounds a little raspy and high pitched. I was fortunate enough to hear the Extreme exhaust (with a testpipe) in person and it sounds incredible. It's a very aggressive, deep-toned exhaust I've ever heard. lol.

The regular is pretty quiet on a warm-start. It's louder on a cold-start obviously, much louder. The regular sounds fantastic on WOT though, absolutely amazing lol.

You can't go wrong with either one, but I'm personally buying the extreme with my next paycheck lol
Old Mar 3, 2015, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

I swapped my Extreme out for the Ultimate racing CBE (non-resonated) which is pretty much a copy of the ETS Regular, and it eliminated what in my mind was the "overly loud" qualities of the extreme. As good as the extreme sounds, I personally think the regular adds that nice deep tone to it. Plus, the regular is maybe 1/10 quieter than the extreme + has that deep CLEAN tone.

My .02.

And FWIW I only grabbed the UR because it was less money than buying the regular rear section. ETS's quality and design is MUCH better, considering it is a 1 piece midpipe as well as the VBand connector. Had I been able to just swap out the rear sections, I would have done that in a heart beat.

Last edited by R3VOLUTION; Mar 3, 2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
If i was to order this ETS V2 exhaust would i need the adapter flange? I will just be getting the exhaust. Not planning on downpipe or testpipe.

I was going to get the quiet but then figured the v2 is not probably not that loud. I had a bushchur exhaust on my evo 8 with a magnaflow muffler and enjoyed that loudness... so im assuming the V2 is that loud.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by TxFAkuma
If i was to order this ETS V2 exhaust would i need the adapter flange? I will just be getting the exhaust. Not planning on downpipe or testpipe.

I was going to get the quiet but then figured the v2 is not probably not that loud. I had a bushchur exhaust on my evo 8 with a magnaflow muffler and enjoyed that loudness... so im assuming the V2 is that loud.

I bought the flange when purchasing exhaust and all it did for me was cause exhaust leak. So I went out and just bought the test pipe to go along with it, exhaust leak fixed, faster spool, gains so win win lol
Old Mar 17, 2015, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by vitamin4b11t
I bought the flange when purchasing exhaust and all it did for me was cause exhaust leak. So I went out and just bought the test pipe to go along with it, exhaust leak fixed, faster spool, gains so win win lol
and whoever drives behind you will smell your gas
Old Mar 17, 2015, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Wait,,,, So buy the flange or not?