Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Mod help

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod help

So, i have a 2014 Evo X and i have a couple mods on it but i want something not too expensive that i could really notice a decent difference with. Heres my mod list and at the end is what I'm thinking about putting in

MODS ALREADY INSTALLED:
UICP
BOV (i know i don't need one at this point but i got it as a gift)
COLD AIR INTAKE
CATBACK EXHAUST
PROSPORT GAUGES

Im thinking about getting a test pipe and down pipe considering they're not that expensive and in my budget and then immediately after get a tune. would i notice a good difference with those? I'd love to just buy new injectors and cams and strap a new turbo and stuff to it but unfortunately i can't afford that at all lol so is there any suggestions?

Last edited by mikemaccarrone; Mar 14, 2015 at 08:47 AM. Reason: misinterpreted
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Install what you have and then spend money on a good tune.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

A new BOV isn't necessary at stock boost levels. It's actually quite good!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mikemaccarrone
So, i have a 2014 Evo X and i have a couple mods on it but i want something not too expensive that i could really notice a decent difference with. Heres my mod list and at the end is what I'm thinking about putting in

MODS:
UICP
Stock BOV
ETS intake
Turboback EXHAUST
PROSPORT GAUGES (Boost & AFR)
3-port or MBC
upgrade Fuel Pump
TUNE!!

Im thinking about getting a test pipe and down pipe considering they're not that expensive and in my budget. would i notice a good difference with those? I'd love to just buy new injectors and cams and strap a new turbo and stuff to it but unfortunately i can't afford that at all lol so is there any suggestions?
There i fixed it
Old Mar 13, 2015, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bhsj13
There i fixed it
Yea this guy ^^ knows what's up!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bhsj13
There i fixed it
thumbs up to you my friend! I'm getting a tune immediately after i install the downpipe and test pipe anyway but ill go pick up a couple of other things like you said, thanks
Old Mar 17, 2015, 03:35 PM

Definitely get yourself a new fuel pump and some bigger cc injectors as well so that you can take advantage of that fuel pump. Youll be happy you did. Stock fuel pump is good for probably all the typical mods such as turbo back exhaust, intake, intercooler piping, bcs. But if you plan on doing anything more than that (which you will even though you say you wont, you just cant not ) its just one less thing for you to worry about later on.

Get a Deatschwerks 9-651-1026.

And as far as injectors go, I'm no gear head, but anything around 800-1100 cc's will probably do you good unless you plan on track-ing the living hell out of your car. And again, its just something that if you do now you wont have to worry a whole lot about it later.

Probably goes without saying but get all your stuff together first and install it all at once and then get that tune. Minimize downtime and the amount of time that youre car may be cruising around with shiny new parts using a garbage stock tune!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tune would make the best bang for the buck at this point. Then intercooler, fuel pump and injectors so you can push it more.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 07:38 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
thumbs up to you my friend! I'm getting a tune immediately after i install the downpipe and test pipe anyway but ill go pick up a couple of other things like you said, thanks
A downpipe may yeild ~5-6hp, a test pipe slightly more. Ask yourself if it's worth it, when one could fart next to a dyno and get more power, without polluting and making others inhale toxic fumes. Believe me, I'm no environmentalist, but after watching my children choke, as we sat behind a catless car, some social responsibility should come into play. Good luck.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FJF
A downpipe may yeild ~5-6hp, a test pipe slightly more. Ask yourself if it's worth it, when one could fart next to a dyno and get more power, without polluting and making others inhale toxic fumes. Believe me, I'm no environmentalist, but after watching my children choke, as we sat behind a catless car, some social responsibility should come into play. Good luck.
This worth quoting.
I realized myself long ago. I settled w hiflow cat.
Didn't take seeing kids choking thou.
It stinks so much cat less not worth couple of horses and looking over your shoulders for cops and angry mobs behind you ...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by akride907
Definitely get yourself a new fuel pump and some bigger cc injectors as well so that you can take advantage of that fuel pump. Youll be happy you did. Stock fuel pump is good for probably all the typical mods such as turbo back exhaust, intake, intercooler piping, bcs. But if you plan on doing anything more than that (which you will even though you say you wont, you just cant not ) its just one less thing for you to worry about later on.

Get a Deatschwerks 9-651-1026.

And as far as injectors go, I'm no gear head, but anything around 800-1100 cc's will probably do you good unless you plan on track-ing the living hell out of your car. And again, its just something that if you do now you wont have to worry a whole lot about it later.

Probably goes without saying but get all your stuff together first and install it all at once and then get that tune. Minimize downtime and the amount of time that youre car may be cruising around with shiny new parts using a garbage stock tune!
thanks for that, i'll take everything into consideration but i need the money first for the injectors!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by spyderx
This worth quoting.
I realized myself long ago. I settled w hiflow cat.
Didn't take seeing kids choking thou.
It stinks so much cat less not worth couple of horses and looking over your shoulders for cops and angry mobs behind you ...
thanks, i decided against the downpipe, i had already bought the test pipe but if i can get a hfc ill probably switch them out
Old Mar 28, 2015, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
You don't need a downpipe unless you have a bigger turbo. Keep in mind, this car is very different than a Subaru the same mods don't necessarily apply.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:25 PM

Okay so, a quick update. I also just ordered a fuel pump (Deatschwerks) i'm definitely going to need it. And now at the moment I'm deciding between a MBC or a 3 port.. Im leaning towards the 3 port. Not sure whether or not I'm gunna need a fuel pump relay, maybe just to eliminate any relays failing or lagging or even just dropping voltage and have trouble idling or whatever. I'm most likely over thinking but could be a good investment just to set me up for later mods! but ill talk to my tuner and stuff also to hear his recommendations! thanks to everyone who replied also
Old Apr 14, 2015, 11:17 PM

lol

Quick Reply: Mod help