Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Once the Last New Evo is sold... What happens???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2016, 08:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As far as resale value goes the supra is an outlier and will drop as soon as they become available for import from japan. Stock Evos and well maintained modded evos will likely increase in value in the near future due to stopped production. As far as rarity goes though the car was produced for 9 years, I still rarely see evos out and about. If I could estimate id say that as far as numbers go stis outnumber evos 5 to 1 in terms of numbers produced and purchased. A lot of people just cant afford evos. They are automatically more expensive because of the insurance, which leads to neutral individuals buying more Stis. I'm coming over from a 3000gt Vr4 and I could not see myself owning any rally type car other than an Evo. I have a feeling the X will go the way of the 99 Vr4 which is starting to leap significantly in value.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 06:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes me regret selling my 96 vr4 lol (the rare one with the large sunroof and active aero working without the front dam lol (shoutout to 3sx))
Old Mar 31, 2016, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

I say drive the **** out of it and don't worry about value! IT WILL BE WORTHLESS!!! There's nothing special about it. People said the same thing about the GSX Eclipse, VR4, Evo VIII & IX's. The ones that are trying to get a premium on them are the same ones that have been on the market last year and so on. Same goes for Supra's and GTR's or whatever car.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 08:20 AM

Long time lurker... not really a poster since I'm still trying to get more info on the X but this thread has me giggling.

You guys are delusional if you think the EVO X is going hold its value like the Toyota MKIV Supra and the Acura NSX.
And please note that the only Supra I’m talking about is the MKIV generation.
If any EVO is actually going to hold their value it sure as heck not going to be the X but the VI.
Also do you realize why the VIII, IX and X won't? Because we still have a alternative that are going to be better than the going out X actually fits the EVO's niche market.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Well once you get a car and upgrade from your huffy 10 speed then I think people may value your opinion a bit more
Old Mar 31, 2016, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Well once you get a car and upgrade from your huffy 10 speed then I think people may value your opinion a bit more
Don't hate on the Trek

And nothing I said was wrong. The Supra is having another surge in resale value and the NSX has also climbed.
The EVO X will never hold resale values that some posters are hoping for, just the truth.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Rei86
Don't hate on the Trek

And nothing I said was wrong. The Supra is having another surge in resale value and the NSX has also climbed.
The EVO X will never hold resale values that some posters are hoping for, just the truth.
Don't kid yourself. There is no surge in the Supra/old NSX values. Same category of people that feel the Evo's will increase in value. Nothing special about them and never will be. It's a car!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Spazpilot
Don't kid yourself. There is no surge in the Supra/old NSX values. Same category of people that feel the Evo's will increase in value. Nothing special about them and never will be. It's a car!
Actually when I sold my Supra (1993.5 Twin Turbo with automatic, 93k miles, 3inch dp, HKS 4inch Ti racing exhuast, manual boost controller, other misc crap) in 2011 for the price and mileage I felt it was fair to sell for around 19~23k. Got 21k for it and thought that was fair.

Looking at the market now, cars with even higher mileage are going for 30k +. APU cars that would never have broke into the 40k have owners asking for 60k + for them.

Also around this time I was looking at early five speed NSX and if it wasn't a hard top with decent miles you could get them around the 20~40k. Now its hard to find a decent NSX with under 90k miles that isn't going for 40k +.

I don't want to look like a dbag and make a definitive statement about the X's pricing but I just don't see them as something you should buy now in the case of it holding value.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

No one in there right mind would pay 60k plus for a supra or NSX. That kind of money could get you a decent mileage 2012-13 GTR. Better car all around with a lot more potential. That's all I'm sayin. Enjoy them and drive the **** out of them is my philosophy.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to start buying multiple Evos now. Lol. The US usually waters down cars here in general. FE without recaros is like the Audi R Line and their widebodys. Its not there.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spazpilot
Did u even read through the whole paged about the evos?u sound ljke a noob..lol
Old Apr 1, 2016, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LB_Reddy
Did u even read through the whole paged about the evos?u sound ljke a noob..lol
Yes, I have read your post about it winning X rally races etc.... Still means nothing to the majority of people. I personally bought the car because I like it. Something better will always come out. Your reasoning still won't make the car hold value. You would see markups at dealerships if it was true, yet the largest Evo dealership in Texas is still discounting them. They also have over 20 just sitting.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sitting at dealers lot not everyone can afford to buy the evos.Only evo fanatics.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 09:16 AM

Evos have always had a high price of admission relative to a lot of other vehicles of the type and for clean unmodified examples it will likely remain that way
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:32 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by DBomb117
Evos have always had a high price of admission relative to a lot of other vehicles of the type and for clean unmodified examples it will likely remain that way

I agree with this.

I'm just not convinced that Evo's are going to drop in value and fall off the earth like a 1991 Camry.

People really, REALLY, liked these cars. That kind of desire contributes greatly to market price.

I understand that there are a lot less MK4 Supra's than there are Evo's, but rarity is not the only contributing factor to a price freeze on cars.

Regardless of the case, we will know the truth in the upcoming years.

-pal215

Quick Reply: Once the Last New Evo is sold... What happens???