Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Once the Last New Evo is sold... What happens???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2016, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Once the Last New Evo is sold... What happens???

I just wanted to start a discussion on what people think will happen once the very last EVO X is Sold in the United States; and what do you guys think will happen to the dealer prices once the numbers start to get lower and lower of Evos available?

Im still undecided as to what may or may not happen. I mean prices could shoot through the roof. Or they could absolutely bomb.

I have the opinion that they will slowly start to rise, then when the last EVO is sold there may be a frenzy in which you could be looking a price jump. There are also things to factor in like the opinions of the EVO you own, usually the base models never hold the value well. Then of course the Recaro equipped EVOS will be worth a bit more, and the ones with HIDs. With the death of a legend like the EVO will there really be a return or will this truly be the curtain call?

Just wondering what other people thoughts are on the subjects.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 98 Likes on 94 Posts
There will be a little price inflation on Evo's in general. The used market will go up in price. IMO the only X's that will be sought after will be the FE's only cause they're numbered. The standard 2015's will always be hated on cause they have no recaro's. IX's will always be the gem to get and to hold on to.
The following users liked this post:
luisluqin12 (Mar 31, 2016)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
I think the X will do a good job holding its value, I mean yea the 9 is great but we can all go back and forth about which one is better. But I think there will be a solid used market for them I actually think the FE's will be frowned upon just because of the lack of Recaro seats. But just my 2 cents time will tell.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

I think Evo's will hold their value very well it's all around stellar performance is undeniable! And now that they are out of production The fact that they will become more rare as years pass definitely won't hurt resale value! I also think more and more people are starting to realize an awd sportscar platform is the way to go! Hence the awd super car that shares some of the same traits,and pretty much eats and spits out ANYTHING in its path! Lol but seriously!(Nissan GTR)
Old Feb 19, 2016, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 133 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by e_kobz
There will be a little price inflation on Evo's in general. The used market will go up in price. IMO the only X's that will be sought after will be the FE's only cause they're numbered. The standard 2015's will always be hated on cause they have no recaro's. IX's will always be the gem to get and to hold on to.
this. the proof is in the pudding look at the production numbers of the ix (only one year 2006) and it was only offered in the United States as far as North America goes. the x was on the line for almost a decade and available both in Canada the US. not saying the ix is better, that's subjective. As far as holding value goes the ix will take the cake out of any evo. I'm seeing the ix go for over the MSRP sometimes where I live.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
All the tuners on here start saying how much better the Focus RS is - whether it is or isn't is immaterial.
Old Feb 19, 2016, 07:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 345 Likes on 262 Posts
Prices will absolutely rise for the evo across the entire platform. The question is, was there enough of them already sold for society look at them as they did the VR4 or will they be more valuable than that? I personally believe they will fall under Supra MK4 economics, but that's just me.

-pal215
Old Feb 19, 2016, 07:06 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Today morning I literally saw some guy on instagram holding the #1600 Final Edition badge plate, so no more evos are getting made I assume. I want to get a 15 gsr by the end of summer this year and I don't think it's going to be a problem finding one brand new and that too without a markup (I hope)
Old Feb 20, 2016, 01:27 PM
Evolving Member

Evo prices will hold steady regardless of year. Obviously some better than others, but in the end we all own a nice piece of automotive history.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 02:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It will be years before the Evo's really start gaining in value and they will never be rare enough to jump into Supra territory.

There are a ton of brand new 15's to be had right now all thousands under MSRP, and the FE does not have enough to make it "special" other than a little name plaque.

The bottom is not going to fall out by any means because this is a fairly sought after car, but you are not going to be watching any appreciation value in the next 5 years, they are going to keep slowly going down in price due to shear volume alone.

Those who made the case for the IX above, I could see that being one of the more valuable models down the line, if you can find a clean, non cut into version that wasn't owned by some moron who did not know what to do with the car and ruined it.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
nothing, we will buy the new RS when time comes for new car, unless something else more worthy pops up.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Robevo RS
nothing, we will buy the new RS when time comes for new car, unless something else more worthy pops up.
This.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see price jump like u mention.
Old Feb 20, 2016, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 53 Likes on 51 Posts
I agree with most folks as in Evos in general will hold their value. I don't think the FE will have any increase in price... maybe among the Evo community but not outside of it. Look at the RSs/SE Evo 9s... they are worth more to us but not to the rest of the world. And the FE being stripped of Recaros makes it worst IMO for resale value. I mean really, you got to go and spend another $3k in seats on top of paying more for a car that is essentially a GSR with Bilsteins...
we not only got stripped of the seats in the US but also the BBS wheels for some crappy polished Enkeis...
Old Feb 21, 2016, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Astro_Train
I agree with most folks as in Evos in general will hold their value. I don't think the FE will have any increase in price... maybe among the Evo community but not outside of it. Look at the RSs/SE Evo 9s... they are worth more to us but not to the rest of the world. And the FE being stripped of Recaros makes it worst IMO for resale value. I mean really, you got to go and spend another $3k in seats on top of paying more for a car that is essentially a GSR with Bilsteins...
we not only got stripped of the seats in the US but also the BBS wheels for some crappy polished Enkeis...
Could not have said it better myself.

Quick Reply: Once the Last New Evo is sold... What happens???