Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Anti-theft sound and light

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2016, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anti-theft sound and light

Well, it's the first time I got back home late in the night since I got my new EVO FE. I noticed that when I locked my car, there were 10 little beeps while the red light under the control panel (inside the car) was flashing. When the sound finished, the red light continued flashing. I went back to check after a few minutes and it's still flashing.

I suppose it's how the anti-theft system works. The sound was too small so I never noticed in daytime. Could anyone confirm it? Thank you.

PS: I opened and closed all the doors, hood and whatever can be re-closed.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone plz?
Old Mar 14, 2016, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The red light constantly flashes when the car is locked, but I don't remember ever hearing these beeps that you speak of. The only time the car beeps at me is if I get out of the car, and shut the door while it's running. It beeps to warn me that the car can't detect the key fob any longer, and I want to say there are 3 rounds of 3 quick beeps.

I haven't driven my FE much yet, but this is the same as my Lancer GTS was, which I had for 4 years.

When I lock the car with the push button on the door, I might hear a single beep as the doors lock (can't remember offhand), and I'm pretty sure there are no beeps if I lock it with the button on the key fob (unless you hit it twice which chirps the horn).

When specifically do you hear these beeps? You're not trying to lock the doors while the key fob is inside the car or anything are you? (I've never done that, so have no clue how it would react)
Old Mar 14, 2016, 07:51 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Yes, the light always flashes when locked (armed). Nothing to worry about. Many cars do the same.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by .M.
Yes, the light always flashes when locked (armed). Nothing to worry about. Many cars do the same.
What he said! Most car alarms will have a flashing light of sorts to say it's armed.