Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Broken?!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2017, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Broken?!

Hello

so I took my evo x over to Tire plus for an alignment since they seem to be the only shop near me with a low alignment rack. The tech said that my rear toe bolt wasn't working and when he turn it, nothing happened. Keep in mind that my evo x had only 11,000 miles and has never gotten an alignment done before. I'm assuming they stripped the toe bolt? Also after they align it, keeping the steering wheel straight, the car seem to vare to the left a little so I have to tug it back to the right a little. They have asked me to go back when they order a new toe bolt but wanted $80 for the part and installations. Alignment was given for free. What are your thought on this?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 06:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Is the car still under warranty? By low alignment rack was the car lowered more than factory? If you still have a warranty on it and it hasn't been lowered you should have taken it to a dealership just in case any parts are defective. We have an asymmetric lift here at my dads house that lifts 3/4 ton diesel trucks and I can get the arms under my wife's car with no issue.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Forget all that, take it to the dealer first. If they don't fix it check the bolt yourself and replace it. Its very easy.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 07:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Evo X is lowered on H&R Springs. I initially took it to Mitsu Dealer for them to align it but they said my car was too low to get onto their alignment rack hence why I took it to Tire Plus. Funny thing though, before I lowered my car (stock) I noticed that all 4 tires were wearing out on the inner tire. Is this common with our car? The car was bought with 53 miles on it.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 88 Posts
Take it to get aligned elsewere.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by joonvang
My Evo X is lowered on H&R Springs. I initially took it to Mitsu Dealer for them to align it but they said my car was too low to get onto their alignment rack hence why I took it to Tire Plus. Funny thing though, before I lowered my car (stock) I noticed that all 4 tires were wearing out on the inner tire. Is this common with our car? The car was bought with 53 miles on it.
Very common. Stock alignment is HORRIBLE.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 08:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My toe bolt was stripped when it only had 3000 miles.
Since my car is lowered on Swift springs. I didn't even bother taking it to dealership...
The bolt is cheap, just buy it online.