Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Possible "new" Evo X

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible "new" Evo X

So I'm looking to get an Evo X. It's a 2015 with about 19,000 miles. It comes with an ETS Intake and piping for the recirc line, catback exhaust (not sure on brand, one wasn't listed) and black Enkei wheels. My main question is how good a brand ETS is? I've heard of Cobb and know they sell quality parts but I've never heard of ETS mainly because this will be my first Evo and I've dealt with Scion mostly in the past. Also if I do end up getting this I actually like the BOV sound, other than doing extensive work and upping the boost what's the best way to keep the vehicle running smooth but get the sound I'm looking for?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:49 AM
.M.
Evolved Member

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Have you driven the car yet? You should be able to hear the stock bov a good amount because of the ETS intake. If you want something louder you can always pick up a Turbosmart or Go Fast Bits (although some will disagree on vta).

ETS​​​​​ is a quality brand with great customer service. No worries there. I'm sure more people will chime in shortly.

Run a search on both for more info if you want.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 10:52 AM

The car is in Hickory, NC and I'm in WV so sadly no I haven't driven it yet. Trying to get a loan and monthly payment lined out and see if I can talk them down over the phone first. Are the X's a lot like the newer WRX/STI's? Basically meaning every performance part requires a tune?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
We make a lot of parts for the Evo X. I have an Evo X myself and the fit and performance has made installs super easy on my personal car.

ETS Evo X Parts

We also have the fastest Evo X in the world. We paired up with EnglishRacing and came up with this:

- Robert
Old Jun 13, 2017, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ETS Michael
We make a lot of parts for the Evo X. I have an Evo X myself and the fit and performance has made installs super easy on my personal car.

ETS Evo X Parts

We also have the fastest Evo X in the world. We paired up with EnglishRacing and came up with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzxcXwMZTFw

- Robert
Awesome Brand, awesome car, and awesome people.

Cant go wrong with ETS parts
The following users liked this post:
ETS Michael (Jun 13, 2017)
Old Jun 13, 2017, 12:39 PM

Could I possibly message you and pick your brain some Robert?
Old Jun 13, 2017, 06:41 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I can speak for Robert (and Michael), they are always more than glad to answer any questions
Old Jun 13, 2017, 07:57 PM

Thanks migs, I'll send them something in the morning when I have some free time.
Old Jun 13, 2017, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 94 Posts
ETS FTW!!! Amazing products, perfect fitment, high quality, priced right. Abd they're customer service is second to none
Old Jun 14, 2017, 02:12 AM

Thanks kobz, just sent them a message and have been looking at their site. I'm excited to get this car and start dropping new parts in.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 06:05 AM

Also just read on there that it comes with a Tial BOV. If I'm able to get the car that will probably be the first thing I change lol.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 06:17 AM
EvoM Community Team

If it has a Tial BOV, it probably has a tune. Changing parts without retuning could cause issues (overboosting, leaning out, etc). I'd be careful unless you plan on retuning.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 06:20 AM

Could it be a BPV and the dealer THINKS it's a BOV? Or am I being optimistic lol. Either way if it is a BOV I'll probably replace it with a TurboSmart one and have it retuned because I'm scared to touch that side of modification.
Old Jun 14, 2017, 06:39 AM

So I called the dealer and the car is using a BOV, has an upgraded intercooler, it's been tuned, has either an ETS exhaust or Ultimate Racing exhaust and they just installed a new clutch in it. He said 4th and 5th were starting to slip. I'm guessing previous owner really drove it hard lol
Old Jun 14, 2017, 06:44 AM
EvoM Community Team

Still if you go back to a diverter valve, the tune most likely isn't expecting air to be returned into the system... so make sure you get it retuned.

Quick Reply: Possible "new" Evo X