Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Help diagnose White smoke from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So far the stop leak oil does seems to solve the problem. no noticeable smoking. I just hope the valve seals are not too far gone.

I did bring it to a shop and they said it was the turbo seals. but upon swapping the turbo the problem still existed.

Hypothetically if the problem was the valve seals and it was caused by not driving the car for 2-3 years anything you guys think i can preemptively check or have checked out?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 11:35 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by lstevo
So far the stop leak oil does seems to solve the problem. no noticeable smoking. I just hope the valve seals are not too far gone.

I did bring it to a shop and they said it was the turbo seals. but upon swapping the turbo the problem still existed.

Hypothetically if the problem was the valve seals and it was caused by not driving the car for 2-3 years anything you guys think i can preemptively check or have checked out?
My advice would be pull the spark plugs, if they look gross then its coming from the intake valves or something else. Then do a compression test. If that comes out ok pull the turbo manifold and inspect the exhaust valves.