Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO X Rise form the ashes.

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2020, 09:40 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes
That's the price i have seen them go for in Australia
Old May 31, 2020, 09:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@bumblebee.4G69
Thats what I was figuring, still waiting on this response from the potential lead hopefully I can get it purchases tomorrow and then I can continue with this build.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 03:56 PM

Update,

Engine order placed, should be here Tuesday then the build can recommence.
Would anyone have recommendation on whether to clean out the oil cooler or just get a new one since we did see metal shavings. If it can be cleaned, does anyone have any recommendations on best way to clean it?

In the mean time overnight parts from Japan . All I am missing now is the headlights and bumper cover. Wondering if I should keep the black front end and black trunk lid, not sure. Don't mind the dust and dirt on the parts.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 03:59 PM

How much for a new oil cooler?
If it's not too $$$ then why not get a new one?
I'd hate to see all.ylur hard work come undone because of an inexpensive part replacement/cleaning not done right
Old Jun 6, 2020, 04:03 PM

@bumblebee.4G69
Yea I decided that as soon as I posted it lol. I just ordered another one to be safe.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 04:05 PM

Excellent 😎
Old Jun 6, 2020, 04:14 PM

Also if anyone can chime in and maybe help me in seeing what headlights came with the car? I have the right side headlight but again aftermarket demons were installed and didnt have any stock ballast on there. I am just trying to see if this GSR came with HID by default or halogen. The right side headlight does have a mounting location for the stock ballast. But when worked with Nissan cars, all headlights had a slot for the HID ballast. Even on halogen lights, if anyone can give me some insight would be great.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by kernelh
Also if anyone can chime in and maybe help me in seeing what headlights came with the car? I have the right side headlight but again aftermarket demons were installed and didnt have any stock ballast on there. I am just trying to see if this GSR came with HID by default or halogen. The right side headlight does have a mounting location for the stock ballast. But when worked with Nissan cars, all headlights had a slot for the HID ballast. Even on halogen lights, if anyone can give me some insight would be great.
Just look up the trim using the VIN using one of the VIN decoder sites out there. The factory term for HIDs is "Discharge Headlamps" on the spec sheet.
Old Jun 7, 2020, 01:33 PM

@splattj
Thank you I totally spaced that, I used the vin decoder on this site and it shows "Auto Off Aero-Composite Halogen Headlamps" so safe to say halogen headlights are needed. Thanks again
Old Jun 14, 2020, 09:05 PM

The engine has arrived, now waiting on the clutch to come in and had complications with the seller of my engine harness. But it has been resolved, Hopefully clutch and harness come in tomorrow and will hopefully get it together tomorrow evening.

Old Jun 14, 2020, 09:07 PM

Nice

What's the plan for the old motor?
Old Jun 14, 2020, 10:04 PM

@bumblebee.4G69
if the bottom end is salvageable, that will be my build motor that I can take my time with.
Old Jun 15, 2020, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
It's always a good idea to get a new cooler if shavings are present. I have heard they can be cleaned, and I have heard they cannot be cleaned (fully) so on that note I think its better to be safe than sorry Glad you got it replaced.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kernelh
The engine has arrived, now waiting on the clutch to come in and had complications with the seller of my engine harness. But it has been resolved, Hopefully clutch and harness come in tomorrow and will hopefully get it together tomorrow evening.

Nice, check those belt plastic pulley and tensioner if needed to change while the motor is out. a new cooler is a peace of mind saves you a dosage of xanax.
Old Jun 17, 2020, 10:54 AM

@six40
Yea I just decided to get a new one so I dont have to worry about that headache. Thanks

@ak47m203
Yea I swapped them out so I dont have to worry about them when the car is running.

Update:

I havent got much movement since work has picked up a lot, however I am hoping to get the motor in withn the next week or so. All parts came in and decided to swap the clutch while the engine is out.

Quick Reply: EVO X Rise form the ashes.