HOW TO: Firewall Access - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: Firewall Access

Old Jan 16, 2012, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Apologies for bringing this thread back from the dead, but this was extremely helpful. I was able to run the sensor cable for my MTX-L through that rubber grommet after poking a few holes very carefully with a screwdriver and then using some needle nose pliers to slip into the hole and open them to stretch and tear the rubber into the shape that I needed. I was hesitant to cut the rubber with a razor out of fear of hitting one of the wires on the interior side.

Also, taking off the UICP right in front of the grommet helps quite a bit.
Old Jul 6, 2013, 05:22 PM

Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead but would I have to seal the whole in made in the firewall? and if i went through the grommet in the wheel well that wire would come out near my left foot if i was sitting in the drivers seat correct? Thank you for the helpful post. I'm trying to run the wire for foglights
Old Jul 6, 2013, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by charmander View Post
Sorry for bringing this post back from the dead but would I have to seal the whole in made in the firewall? and if i went through the grommet in the wheel well that wire would come out near my left foot if i was sitting in the drivers seat correct? Thank you for the helpful post. I'm trying to run the wire for foglights
No, not if you make a small cut in the grommet. Sfter you stick your wire through it the rubber will compress very snugly around the wire u shouldnt have any issues.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 05:42 PM

Hi, sorry for bringing this thread from the dead again and again lol.
Would any of you know if there is a similar grommet behind the driver side fender on a 2015 outlander sport that I can feel couple wires from the engine bay to the cabin through there?

I tired to feed 2 10-gauge wires from the battery to the cabin (for an inverter), but finding an unused grommet in an outlander sport engine bay was hopeless.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 12:57 PM

by https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/, on Flickr