Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

How to monitor A/F using Greddy InforMeter Touch

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to monitor A/F using Greddy InforMeter Touch

For those of you that don't care how we installed it in our Evo, the wiring diagram and InforMeter setup is at the bottom

We at Plan B Motorsports saw a few requests for a “how-to” on hooking up a wideband O2 sensor to GReddy’s InforMeter Touch Monitoring unit. We found that the capability of this unit exceeded our expectations. It has allowed us to have full monitoring ability in our Evo X without the cumbersome look of a gauge pod. And it's semi stealth since it looks like an aftermarket navi on the dash

Name:  INFOAF.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  31.5 KB

Have your Wideband and InforMeter Touch Instructions handy

In this installation, we used the AEM inline UEGO wideband unit (PN: 30-2310). We used this unit for its affordability and self calibration feature. We have also used the Innovate Motorsports unit, and the installation is very similar.

You will need to have the supplied o2 bung installed at the proper location per the instructions of your wideband unit. Installation of the o2 sensor is self explanatory, but make sure you confirm lengths so the loom doesn't come up short.

Name:  12oClockWB.jpg
Size:  30.1 KB

Wiring the W/B O2 was easy. We decided to remove the seat bracket bolts so we could move the seat to get to the grommet. We ran the o2 side of the harness through the grommet under the carpet of the seat, which the stock O2 harness shares. You have to pull out the grommet and run the male connector from the unit through the hole (pics below). We notched the side of the grommet to fit the loom since the connector is to large to fit through the center of it.

Under the seat turns out to be a perfect location for the AEM control unit since the access panel in the carpet is there as well. This allows the 2 status lights to be easily monitored at anytime by lifting the carpet flap seen under my palm below.

Name:  Carpetplacementunderseatcopy.jpg
Size:  30.6 KB
Name:  UEGOharnessunderseatcopy.jpg
Size:  41.1 KB

Here is a view from the underside where you can see the grommet and sheild that will house the o2 connector.

Name:  UnderChassisHarness.jpg
Size:  46.3 KB
Name:  HarnessUnderChassis.jpg
Size:  43.7 KB

Now for the InforMeter and W/B Wiring. This may vary depending on where your InforMeter is installed. Ours in on the left side of the dash. We removed the center console since we decided to pass the loom through there to get to the dash for a clean look:

From the inside of the car, we ran the remaining harness under the carpet torwards the center console until it poked out.

We ran the power harness through the center console and zip tied the loom, making sure we did not obstruct the movement of the shifter assembly. Here is where the red and black wires were tapped into a switched/fused power source (such as the cig lighter where we used power and ground)

From the center console, we ran the rest of the loom (grey, white, brown wires) under the dash to our Informeter Touch. We grounded the brown wire (analog ground) to the chassis, then spliced the white wire (lambda input) to the pink wire of the InfoTouch. The grey is used to view data on a laptop/pc. If you wont be using this feature, leave it alone.

Replace any screws and panels you removed, plug in the o2 sensor, and you’re done with the install.

In order to program the Informeter Touch to read the signal that is being sent from the W/B, you must know the voltage range of your controller/sensor, and how it correlates to the AFR. According to AEM’s information, the sensor reads from 0.5v at 8.5:1 AFR, and 4.5v at 18.0:1 AFR. (For Innovate Users: 0v = 7.35:1 AFR; 5v = 22.39)

From the InfoTouch display:
-Press the screen
-select and press “SETTING”
-press “ANALOG V”
-press “ITEM”
-press “A/F”

There will be two buttons, “CONVERSION 0V” and “CONVERSION 5V”. What this is asking for is what AFR the O2 sensor reads at a particular voltage (in this case, 0 volts and 5 volts); the InfoTouch will then convert these voltages into meaningful AFR values. AEM users will need to put in 7 for ”CONVERSION 0V” since that is the closest value according to their equation 2.375(V)+7.3125. “CONVERSION 5V” will be 19. (Innovate Users: 7 and 22 respectively)

WIRING:

Red - 12V Switched Power Source / 5A Fused
Black - Ground

White - Pink from InforMeter
Brown - Ground
Grey - Not used for InforMeter

Last edited by plan:b; Jul 15, 2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
white, brown, greywire is from the aem unit? I own the analog version of the AEM gauge and like to read off the analog gauge and off my informeter for data logging.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Yes white/brown/grey is on coming from the AEM inline wideband unit.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

I heard you can also wire the Boost from a AEM unit to the Greddy Informeter because the GI has 2 input lines. 1 for A/F and 1 for Boost
Old Jul 17, 2010, 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Actually there are more plug ins. They have an upgrade that you can add to the GI. It's a box called the "sensor adapter" that plugs in to the GI that has more lines coming off of it like oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, coolant pressure, EGT, and boost. You can see in the first pic we have boost setup also. You DO NOT need the sensor adapter to monitor A/F though. You can do this with the GI fresh out of the box.
Old Jul 17, 2010, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Ahh so I'm assuming you opted for the additional 300 upgrade to get your GI to read boost. I guess I'll just live with reading it off the gauge and not look at the nice graph mode I can do on the GI. I'll try to wire the A/F today. Thanks a bunch plan:b
Old Jul 17, 2010, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

I used 8v/18v and it seems to match with the AEM analog dial exactly. 7v/19v seems to be off by 0.2 A/F when comparing the GI to the AEM analog dial. It's showing leaner condition by 0.2 A/F.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by raytrix
I used 8v/18v and it seems to match with the AEM analog dial exactly. 7v/19v seems to be off by 0.2 A/F when comparing the GI to the AEM analog dial. It's showing leaner condition by 0.2 A/F.
Ok, I hook it up to my laptop tomorrow and log it and see the diff. Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2010, 06:11 PM

I have a question for anyone who has one already. When you setup the screen you want to view and driving around, you reach your destination and shut down the car - the unit powers down because you lost the cigarette lighter power. When you start your car back up after, does it return to the last screen you had selected or does it go to a different default or menu screen?
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolving Member

Stays on the same screen.