Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Installing MR Heated seats into GSR question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing MR Heated seats into GSR question

Hello, I recently purchsed the Canadian MR Heated Leather/Alcantra Heated seats from a member of this forum to install in my 2008 GSR.

I need help from anyone who has installed heated seats in a GSR.

I am wondering if the wiring for the heating elements is already there underneath my current seat on the floor. Or do I have to order extra parts.

He is shipping me the Buttons and wiring/harness that go from the button (center console) to the recepticle under (i think) the cup holder area below the center console near the shifter base.

I know I need to install a fuse in the correct location on the dashboard fuse panel.

But what I don't know is, is whether or not the plugin from the new MR seats needs a harness or wiring run, or if the gsr has that connection already ran.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Jackygor's butt will be cold in the Evo from this day forward! It will definitely need new relays and under the shifter area you'll find the AWC button harness for MR on your GSR. Don't quote me on this, but it could very well just bolt right on as the Evo trims are pretty much swappable other than the tranny (for now).
Old Nov 14, 2010, 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

I've looked both under the console and under the seats. I've found unused connectors under the seats and in the console area that I'm pretty sure are for heated seats, so I believe no wiring is needed, it should all be there. As for fuses and relays, I cannot comment on, I haven't gone that far into it, I'm having aftermarket upholstery and heaters put in.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...aro-seats.html

I have the exact harness under the seats btw.

Last edited by jackygor; Nov 15, 2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
a guy from australia (i think) did this. he swapped out MR heated seats into his GSR USDM and the heated seats worked. he said they were all plug and play and did not need anything "special"

i think you should be fine most especially since your X is from canada and the seats also came from an X that came from canada as well.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

I hope that this is the case. But from a few pictures from Jackygor it looks like I may need a couple things like a wiring harness.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
any update to this?
Old Nov 23, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

The seats should be at his place by now, but I think he is on vacation!
Old Dec 3, 2010, 06:41 PM

thanks for the DIY!
Old Dec 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

After much screwing around with the courier (due to being out of the country when the package came in). I finally received the seats. I will do a small write up after I install them sometimes before Christmas.

I will also be selling the Cloth GSR Recaros I had previously for a very good price after these are installed very shortly.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by solipsism
After much screwing around with the courier (due to being out of the country when the package came in). I finally received the seats. I will do a small write up after I install them sometimes before Christmas.

I will also be selling the Cloth GSR Recaros I had previously for a very good price after these are installed very shortly.
Hopefully the heating part is just plug and play
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:59 AM

Update? Would be nice to have heated seats!
Old Dec 23, 2011, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

Pm'd
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

Haven't looked at this thread in a long time. Im a little foggy on the exact installation, and my car is nowhere close to me at the moment.

My '08 GSR had place underneath the seats to plug the harness that is attached to the heated seats.

The seller gave me the buttons (1 piece) and also a small harness that goes underneath the console from a connector that was fed from underneath the seats (the part my car already had). I just had to run the new harness from the plug in underneath the console to the buttona and add a fuse to the heated seat slot in the underdash fusebox.

Im a little unclear since it has been a really long time. But as long as you get the button and the harness that goes to the button you should be good.

If you are doing a whole seat swap youll have to take your airbag sensors (weight sensors/harness) off your current seat bracket and install them on the new bracket.

I just swapped the MR seats onto my old GSR brackets.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have stock cloth gsr seats with aftermarket heat plates< correct name if I'm wrong

Quick Reply: Installing MR Heated seats into GSR question