Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

ACD/AYC Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2013, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone knows if there is anything that has to be done at dealer with MUT III tool after rebuilding the pump (some calibration maybe) ?

I keep taking mine apart and after putting it on the car it works for a while, 1-2 hours, then error returns.

I am close to putting gas on it and just burn it.
Old Apr 13, 2013, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so there a member that rebuild he pumps who and how much?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

i believe the person you are talking about is from canada..i cant find the thread right now
Old Apr 21, 2013, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by adrianTNT
Anyone knows if there is anything that has to be done at dealer with MUT III tool after rebuilding the pump (some calibration maybe) ?

I keep taking mine apart and after putting it on the car it works for a while, 1-2 hours, then error returns.

I am close to putting gas on it and just burn it.
You might have to bleed the lines. Air gets in the system when you disconnect the lines to the pump. That's what the MUT III tool is used for.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by nautica2o3
You might have to bleed the lines. Air gets in the system when you disconnect the lines to the pump. That's what the MUT III tool is used for.
I was thinking that there are other things the MUT III does besides bleeding.
We did a bleed without MUT, just by gravity after fixing the motor, errors are gone but they reappear when the differentials are supposed to start working (e.g accelerating in tight corners). I will try a bleed at the dealer this week.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 03:28 PM

Has anyone been able to source a replacement motor for the pump yet? I took mine apart and the motor is toast. Pulled the motor apart and it appears one of the brushes exploded. Anyone know where I can get replacement brushes?
Old Sep 9, 2013, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LimitedSlip7
Has anyone been able to source a replacement motor for the pump yet? I took mine apart and the motor is toast. Pulled the motor apart and it appears one of the brushes exploded. Anyone know where I can get replacement brushes?
I read a forumer before who rebuilt his acd pump and sent his acd motor to an electrical shop to be reconditioned. Most electrical motors use the same principle so an electrical shop should be able to help you out with that.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi,

I know this thread is old, but got a question.

I've been driving my Evo X MR with the AYC/ACD lighst on and always show ACD service requeried, the lights is because of the AYC pump failure? or it could be a selenoid or the pump fuse?

I'm outside the US, so I must be sure if it is the pump failure, because I'll buy one soon.