Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

iJDMToy's LED Switchback turn signals **New Thread/Need Help with power**

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2012, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wthoevo8
Did they install the load resistors too for $65.
Yup, they tapped parking lights to power the white leds, tapped the actual wires to the turn dignals with resistors and used t-taps and zip ties.

Since the resistors are only used to stop th hyper flashing, they dont need to be hard mounted. You would have to use you blinkers for a while for the resistors to get super hot. They mounted the resistors with zipties on the wires of the turn signals so theyre basically right behind the turn signal insert.

Before i called ASP, I did talk to Lowe's and they said they had t taps. I called everywhere and no one else had them. If you can wait, order some online if youre going to DIY.

Also they tapped the power line going to the parking lights, right before it plugs into the headlight assembly. If anyone asks, i can look and see what color it is or take a photo when im back from vacay nx week.

Sorry for the minor errors im on an ipad lol
Old Jun 29, 2012, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

wow you spend 65 dollar to to get the resistor installed? all you needed was install the resistor I had this issue with a friends car.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by eclipsegsx012
wow you spend 65 dollar to to get the resistor installed? all you needed was install the resistor I had this issue with a friends car.
I mostly had problems tapping the power from the parking lights, not the resistors.

I paid them to tap the parking lights to power the switchbacks and install/mount the resistors. It was worth it because I didnt know what wire needed to be tapped for power and I had a hard time finding T Taps. Only Lowe's carries them, I think.

Here's an updated photo with my new foglights:
http://instagram.com/p/MjA4JjIwZm/
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DDocto
Yup, they tapped parking lights to power the white leds, tapped the actual wires to the turn dignals with resistors and used t-taps and zip ties.

Since the resistors are only used to stop th hyper flashing, they dont need to be hard mounted. You would have to use you blinkers for a while for the resistors to get super hot. They mounted the resistors with zipties on the wires of the turn signals so theyre basically right behind the turn signal insert.

Before i called ASP, I did talk to Lowe's and they said they had t taps. I called everywhere and no one else had them. If you can wait, order some online if youre going to DIY.

Also they tapped the power line going to the parking lights, right before it plugs into the headlight assembly. If anyone asks, i can look and see what color it is or take a photo when im back from vacay nx week.

Can you post a pic of power line tap right before the headlight assembly? Thanks!!!
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DDocto

Can you post a pic of the power line tap right before the headlight assembly? Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

which wire did you tap in to do we have pics of this anyone?
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:28 AM

sorry I haven't been on here in a while...
I'll try to take a photo of the wiring that I got done when I have a chance..
Old Aug 11, 2013, 01:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I see this thread has been inactive for a while. Want to bump it to see if anyone has installed these and has pictures of the wire that is supposed to be tapped. I have the bulbs, resistors and wire taps ready to go, just need to make sure I tap the right wire for the power. Also, just a question on the functionality.. If the car is either KEY ON or running, will the white LEDs be powered, or do you have to have the headlight switch on the first click all the time? Thank you guys!