Notices
Evo X How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in the Request sub-forum.

Noob Transmission Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob Transmission Maintenance

Hey guys,

First off excuse the noob transmission questions. This is my first AWD vehicle and I have had TERRIBLE experiences with dealerships so I choose to do all the wrench work (plus its good to know how to work on your car). That being said I am at my 15k service interval on my 2012 GSR. This means I will be replacing the engine oil, cleaning the air filter (mine is aftermarket), rotating tires and doing some fluid changes with the Transmission.

I also want to state that the questions I am about to ask, I have done some research on and let me just say, most threads are either incomplete, or have too much garbage thrown in so hopefully this will be a fresh update.

After doing some research it seems there are 4 places to change fluid:

Transmission: Front drivers-side, use Amsoil 75w-90 transmission/tranaxle gear lube. Basically drain the fluid (make sure car is level), then clean the bolts (new washers optional), fill until the fluid barely comes from fill side. Done.

T-case: Near engine oil plug??, uses Diaqueen 90W LSD gear oil (alternatives?). Not sure if this needs to be changed for 15k. If so, steps on this? same as Transmission?

Rear Diff: Help with location from Diff and AYC, uses Diaqueen 90W LSD gear oil, I believe same steps as transmission fluid.

Rear AYC: Help with location from Diff and AYC, uses SPIII ATF, again not sure if this needs to be changed at 15k? Needs bleeding?

If someone could help with these questions that would greatly appreciated. Also if anyone suggests I do any other service(s) at 15k let me know. Thanks community.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pages/t-case-filling

http://www.jackstransmissions.com/pa...ling-procedure

Read if you havent.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:42 AM

Awesome read thank you!