Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Official Wicked White Evo X Picture Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by reddragun3
after seeing all the WW evo's and pics.... I think I want to get...

mud flaps? maybe the lancer evo ones and not the larger RA ones.

wind deflectors. the mitsubishi ones look good on some cars...and not on others..I'm on the fence with this one.

spacers for my rims? i have the stock rims, but maybe get them powder coated? should i drop them a bit? i kinda like the way they are now.. and SoCal has pot holes and speed bumps that would irritate me having to go slow over....

never bought rims before. I gotta figure out the specs on rims nowadays...i thought it was just 18's, 19's 20's etc. now i see a lot of 18 x 9.5 +20..where i have no idea what the x 9.5 +20 means...gotta search that online before i get new rims or powder coat.

...so does anybody use spacers? or is it the rim/tires that make it come out and look flush more???
The other wheel specs are the width and offset.

Ex. 18x9.5 +20 means 18" rim, that's 9.5" wide, and has a 20mm offset.

The offset determines how far out the wheel sits. The lower the number, the farther the wheel sits from the hub. The stock wheels are +38, so they are kinda sunk in or sit far inside the wheel well. Most people run a +15 to a +25 to try and get a more "flush" look.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wooowww love the x on white it make me get one lol
Old Apr 14, 2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by CHICKYEVO
wooowww love the x on white it make me get one lol
You can buy mine :P

Ya white is defiantly the best color on Evo X's.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by nactos
if you don't drop your car and get rims or spacers, you'll look like you're driving a monster truck. I'm dropped on just springs, speed bumps and pot holes don't effect it that much at all. Cus you're only lower your ride by about an inch to inch and a half.
with Stock rims, I've seen a lot of people run spacers to get the wheels more flushed which looks a lot better. I personally are running 10mm spacers with my 18x9.5 to get my wheels aligned with my fender. It all depend on your offset. You just gotta weight out your option of dropping, and the possibility of rolling your rear fender.
thanks. this is great information. I never got to do anything to my old civic so now i have the funds to do it for the evo. i just dont want to mess anything up due to my inexperience.

I like the idea of lowering an inch to an inch and a half. I don't which one i should do but i do like the 2 finger space...sorry for using an old school term..i'm old.lol. but like you said I dont want to get affected by pot holes or speed bumps because that would be irritating. would you recommend 1" or 1.5" for a safe comfortable but still better than stock looking evo.....

i have the stock ebach springs and shocks. maybe i should changes those for better ones that lower a bit? it feels weird because its already an aftermarket (better than most stock cars) springs and shocks...but i'm still gonna change it. lol. i guess i can sell it here or on ebay or something.

i kinda want to avoid rolling fenders.. i think i would be satisfied with a 10mm spacer...if i get a spacer and keep the rims..do i HAVE to roll the fenders? if so, I will have to really think if I want to do this. Thanks again for the detailed info. I will have to check back to this thread when I do research on spacers/rims/ etc.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ugakirk
The other wheel specs are the width and offset.

Ex. 18x9.5 +20 means 18" rim, that's 9.5" wide, and has a 20mm offset.

The offset determines how far out the wheel sits. The lower the number, the farther the wheel sits from the hub. The stock wheels are +38, so they are kinda sunk in or sit far inside the wheel well. Most people run a +15 to a +25 to try and get a more "flush" look.
Thanks!! this is very helpful! So most people don't use spacer right. i mean, if you take a look at some of the pictures in this thread. most people are just getting a rim that has a lower number offset? Or when people post up their wheels spec's do they tell us that they have spacers? or is assumed that they don't unless stated.

I guess I have to figure out the balance of keeping my rims and using spacers with new springs for a small 1" drop or getting new rims with the proper size and width and offset and not needing spacers but having a possibility of rolling fenders and stuff. hmmmm... i have to really research this because I don't really want to mess with the original settings that much. i would be satisfied to be somewhere between stock and tuned out! maybe powder coat the stock BBS rims to matte black...use a 10mm spacer or something that will not make me roll my fenders..and replace shocks and springs for 2 finger (1 inch?) gap from stock tire to bottom fender....does this sound about right for where I would like to be??

thanks in advance...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by reddragun3
thanks. this is great information. I never got to do anything to my old civic so now i have the funds to do it for the evo. i just dont want to mess anything up due to my inexperience.

I like the idea of lowering an inch to an inch and a half. I don't which one i should do but i do like the 2 finger space...sorry for using an old school term..i'm old.lol. but like you said I dont want to get affected by pot holes or speed bumps because that would be irritating. would you recommend 1" or 1.5" for a safe comfortable but still better than stock looking evo.....

i have the stock ebach springs and shocks. maybe i should changes those for better ones that lower a bit? it feels weird because its already an aftermarket (better than most stock cars) springs and shocks...but i'm still gonna change it. lol. i guess i can sell it here or on ebay or something.

i kinda want to avoid rolling fenders.. i think i would be satisfied with a 10mm spacer...if i get a spacer and keep the rims..do i HAVE to roll the fenders? if so, I will have to really think if I want to do this. Thanks again for the detailed info. I will have to check back to this thread when I do research on spacers/rims/ etc.
I'm pretty old school myself. I didn't really start to learn all these advance car building terms until I got a STi a few years ago, and now my Evo. It's totally a different world for me for the amount of serious infos the forum members offer.
It sounds to me you want to stay on the conservative side of modding. I personally think if you're going to stay with stock rims and want to fill the fender gap a bit, 15mm spacers should do the trick without rolling fenders. The reason I said 15mm instead of the 10mm is that 10mm spacer requires you to get longer studs that need to install from the actual hub, which you need to remove the brakes... kind of a pain. While the 15mm spacers can come with extended studs that's on the spacers themselves.
Or you can go with rims... which 18x9.5 +22 w/ 265 tires is what I have and it didn't rub until I got a full load and turning hard corners... so I got my rear fenders roll slightly and that went away. So I guess if you play with the offset or tire size or drop / camber a little... you might be able to avoid that.
All I've stated above are from my personal experience with my Evo. I'm keeping this car kinda easy for now, I built my STi kinda crazy and really wasn't DD friendly. I'm sure you can find plenty of infos and help on this forum.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

2010 SE with a trunk swap. JDM RS fog light deletes in the mail.
Attached Thumbnails Official Wicked White Evo X Picture Thread-dsc01330.jpg   Official Wicked White Evo X Picture Thread-dsc01333.jpg   Official Wicked White Evo X Picture Thread-dsc01334.jpg   Official Wicked White Evo X Picture Thread-dsc01335.jpg  
Old Apr 17, 2011, 07:32 PM

Looking slick guys. The white Evo x looks fantastic.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by TripleD
First time posting my car here:

what rims are these?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im going to say Gram Light Optimise 18x9.5+22
Old Apr 20, 2011, 08:57 AM

Do you know how much they go for?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

From what I've read, Optimise is a discontinued model. You will have to see if any vendors have a set in stock.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeyM3
18x10.5 +15, sorting out some coilover problems, needs an alignment and some camber, to make it sit flush, sticking out a bit now lol
Looks really good man! Normally I'm not a fan of the big wing but yours looks good! Are those Rota Grids?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ian0611
Looks really good man! Normally I'm not a fan of the big wing but yours looks good! Are those Rota Grids?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:41 PM

Anyone have a WW with white Advan RGII? I might be the First one. Lol. Getting my wheels Nxt Week.cant wait

Quick Reply: Official Wicked White Evo X Picture Thread