Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

help! i cant find it. i searched.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2010, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help! i cant find it. i searched.

im trying to look for this one person that installed gauges on his stock panel where the hazard button go and relocated them under the AC controls. ive searched and i can't seem to find it... can someone please link it over here, please? thanks!!
Old Apr 4, 2010, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...pod-combo.html

im on page 6, only did 2 gauges instead of 3
Old Apr 4, 2010, 09:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you have navi or the regular 1-disc or 6-disc changer stereo?

I can't speak for the Navi but there's a ribbon cable that needs to be extended in order to reach the relocated hazards button.

I'm 99% done with mine, I'll snap a pic tomorrow, but waiting on a new ribbon cable. I sourced it out and got a 10" version instead of the stock 2.5" one and turns out I should've ordered the 12" ribbon cable to reach down below.

Here's how it was last week:

That little ribbon cable to the right side of the opening is the one I'm referring to that needs to be extended.
Old Apr 4, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

thanks for the link and the pictures guys! this is what i needed.
i have my cuz in law make me one out of real CF... ill also make him make me a blue print out of it with different options... like 3 gauge or 2 gauge setup... flush mount and non flush mount.... and 52mm vs 60mm sizes.

as for that ribbon wire that needs to be exteded.. i might have him make an extension... also, that PC board is the whole hazard button?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon
as for that ribbon wire that needs to be exteded.. i might have him make an extension... also, that PC board is the whole hazard button?
Just get a replacement, I can get you the digikey.com part number. It's like $6.50 shipped or so...

The hazard button has a PCB of its own roughly the size of the hazard button/airbag warning combo itself. It has one plug on its far right side for plugging in the ribbon cable and one plug towards the middle-left side for a big plug.

The big plug is going to need a hole cut into the top of the cubby to pass it through, the ribbon cable may need a slot cut through depending on where you put the hazards.

I'll try to snap a few pictures today.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Frank: thanks... yes pics would help. Also, if you can post the part #, that would be helpful.
Old Apr 5, 2010, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bluaeon
post the part #
Digi-Key part# HF08U-12-ND

12" long flat flex ribbon cable with 8 conductors, 1mm pitch and 3.56mm exposed terminals. There's no options for it, but the exposed terminals are same-side... in case somebody wants to try to find one cheaper. Digi-Key only has the same-side exposed terminals version, which is exactly what the OEM ribbon cable is.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=HF08U-12-ND

$6.50-$7.50 shipped depending on where you live.

I'll take pictures later tonight...
Old Apr 5, 2010, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Frankiago:

Are you doing a how to for this?
Old Apr 5, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Eh wasn't planning on it... cuz it's kinda too late for pictures

I will take pictures when the 12" ribbon cable comes in though because I have to open it up to swap out the 10" for the 12"

It's pretty simple though, just a ton of work. 12" ribbon cable routed down below, you can send it right through the slots on the cubby hole that the LEDs shine down through, but the other, fatty plug, needs a hole cut through to fit it into the cubby hole.

As for putting a gauge or set of gauges where the hazards used to be... that's either just filling the hole and wrapping in fake carbon fiber (vinyl) and then mounting the pods, or making your own bezel and taking apart a Zeitronix LCD and making it fit.

Both ways (if done properly) look very much OEM and is a whole lot better looking than any other gauge setup IMO.