Notices
Evo X Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Plastidip-What do you guys think about these pics?

Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Plastidip-What do you guys think about these pics?

I had my car plastidipped about 5 months ago and just wanted some opinions how it looks. I am thinking about pulling it off and wanna see what you guys think. It is Black under the orange. The wheels are black too. I have everything dipped, the wheels, calipers, all body panels, inside door jams......everything. It is a quality job because all of the trim, wheels, door handles, etc..were removed when sprayed. Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails Plastidip-What do you guys think about these pics?-my-orange-evo-1.jpg   Plastidip-What do you guys think about these pics?-my-orange-evo-2.jpg   Plastidip-What do you guys think about these pics?-my-orange-evo-3.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
m_power (Jan 21, 2017)
Old Dec 4, 2014, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm not a fan of plastidip but whoever did yours did a nice job. I do like the color and it almost looks like vinyl from your photos.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm guessing you don't get much winter weather where you are so there isn't much reason to leave it til spring. Looks great but if you are tired of it then pull it. Pealing cars is oddly enjoyable.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Looks awesome.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 01:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The color leaves a little to be desired but the quality is very nice.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
agree with ronaldo9, not a big fan of plastidip but it does look very nice on your car and almost like a vinyl wrap. Maybe just get your rims or so powder coated, but IMO that color is pretty nice
Old Dec 5, 2014, 04:43 AM

Love the color and the dip work. Nice. How much were you charged for that?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Aashenfox
Love the color and the dip work. Nice. How much were you charged for that?
It was $1300 and what they did was coat the whole car in one coat of black, one coat of bright orange and then another coat of the orange that you see. They also did my wheels black, the roof black, the rear lip spoiler black, and coated the chrome rings around the fog lights black. They coated the calipers and the red part of the valve cover and the front emblem with the color of the car, and the place where I took it also does minor body work and they removed a couple small dents.

The only thing about the plastidip is you have to clean it OFTEN especially anywhere you might get exhaust soot or brake dust because it is hard to get off if you let it build up for a couple weeks. I would say the safe bet is if it is a daily driver, once a week is a MUST.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 08:22 AM

Nice! I keep thinking about doing this with the kits online. YouTube has a bunch of great vids on how to DIY.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by gotyaw?
Nice! I keep thinking about doing this with the kits online. YouTube has a bunch of great vids on how to DIY.
Full car Plastidip is not something that you want to DIY without the proper tools and experience.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 09:13 AM

damn i bet it looks even sicker in person! Not a fan of orange but looks great on your car!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:28 PM

looks great!
Old Dec 5, 2014, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Looks really good. I plasti dipped some wheels and they are absolutely 100% dust magnets... have you noticed that happening with the car?
Old Dec 8, 2014, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MarriedToSubaru
Full car Plastidip is not something that you want to DIY without the proper tools and experience.
lolwut, plasti dipping a car is one of the easiest most forgiving things you can do. Infact you can do it in your driveway no problems. If you mess up you can just peel a panel and respray, you also dont even need to mask most areas because it peels or rubs off things like lights and windows

for people with dirt issues, try dipcoat over the plastidip ,makes it alot more slick and gets rid of the rubber feel/texture
Old Dec 9, 2014, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Fawkz
lolwut, plasti dipping a car is one of the easiest most forgiving things you can do. Infact you can do it in your driveway no problems. If you mess up you can just peel a panel and respray, you also dont even need to mask most areas because it peels or rubs off things like lights and windows

for people with dirt issues, try dipcoat over the plastidip ,makes it alot more slick and gets rid of the rubber feel/texture
Yes you can technically do it in your driveway with a rattle can and no tape but it won't look good. You won't have a consistent, smooth coat and it will probably bubble in door handles and body lines. It doesn't cost that much to get it done correctly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Plastidip-What do you guys think about these pics?