Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Fortune Auto or BC Coilovers
Fortune Auto
65.85%
BC Racing
34.15%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Fortune Auto or BC Coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fortune Auto or BC Coilovers?

I am looking to purchase some coilovers this week, I was wondering if anyone with either of these could chime about your thoughts after driving on them for a while. Fortune Auto can be bought with a variety of spring rates, so please say if you have custom rates and what they are please. I have pretty much decided on one or the other so please if you think I should buy some baller setup instead please feel free to donate to the cause. Pics would be nice too( I know they are in Show and Shine). Also if anyone has them and has gone through a snowy winter and how they held up also would be really helpful. Thanks

Last edited by cnj4ever; Aug 6, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

They are probably from the same manufacturer. Get the one that can offer you the best price.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

When it gets to winter i would put your stock suspension setup back on with some blizzaks.

As far as the coilovers, ^^^ is right. Most likely made by same people, so get the best price and best shipping and its kinda hard asking this question because i dont think anyone with an Evo X has been through both those coilovers yet.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

Neither.

Save your money and buy quality.

KWs or ASTs if on a budget.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Drew_FL
When it gets to winter i would put your stock suspension setup back on with some blizzaks.

As far as the coilovers, ^^^ is right. Most likely made by same people, so get the best price and best shipping and its kinda hard asking this question because i dont think anyone with an Evo X has been through both those coilovers yet.
Actually we have sold plenty of sets

Originally Posted by jackygor
They are probably from the same manufacturer. Get the one that can offer you the best price.
Sorry but they are not.

BC's on the right - Fortune's on the left

A few things to consider:

We are the only manufacturers that offer coilovers at that price point and offer these key features:

USA Technical Support
Custom Valving and Rates available
Expert Suspension Setup and Advise
Coilover Rebuilds in the USA
All Coilovers are Dynoed at the Factory
ISO certified
Oversized 50mm Pistons

That and the evo platform is our speciality

The coilovers we sell are the same coilovers that are on our multiple podium winning Time Attack cars

Last edited by Fortune-Auto; Aug 6, 2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:26 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jimm
Neither.

Quality? These are both 2 awesome brands.....not really sure what you meant by quality because they are both amazing. Just ask all of our customers.....
Old Aug 6, 2010, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IMPORTIMAGE
Quality? These are both 2 awesome brands.....not really sure what you meant by quality because they are both amazing. Just ask all of our customers.....
I think he means something way too expensive and is not what for the OP is going to do.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 05:54 AM
Evolving Member

I doubt that either of these are not of quality product. I was really looking for people who have used either of these to chime in and say there thoughts on them after having them for a while and I know that there is a lot of people with either of these on here. Another thing I have to factor in is gettting them shipped to an APO, seeing as I am in the military and not stateside.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 05:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimm
Neither.

Both of those coilovers are upgraded turbo price. Not looking to spend that much for coilovers.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

Hands down Fortune Auto over BC. Fortune auto makes a high quality 50mm piston setup that can be custom valved to whatever specs you want. On top of that they provide with each coil a Dyno graph of the performance. They also match these dyno graphs so that you have 4 coils that perform the same. NO OTHER AFFORDABLE SUSPENSION COMES WITH THIS AND IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT IN A RACE APPLICATION!!! Just for this alone is worth buying the suspension. Taking it a step further, these coils are made in the USA which means they can get fixed or revalved here in the USE which will save great amounts of time with support.

Lastly... fortune auto is a quality company. their products have been around for a while and have been tested and proven in terms of performance. hands down Fortune Auto suspension is the choice to go with
Old Aug 7, 2010, 07:52 AM

^^^ The coilovers are not made in the USA, they are just rebuild and revalved here
Old Aug 7, 2010, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

^^ My mistake but you got my point
Old Aug 7, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

id go fortune auto. only problem is they dont have a bracket on them for the brake lines so you gotta figure out a solution yourself
Old Aug 7, 2010, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cnj4ever
Both of those coilovers are upgraded turbo price. Not looking to spend that much for coilovers.
A good handling cars with less power are faster than band handling cars with lots of power.

Suspension is not where I would ever cut corners.

I have seen the shock dynos on the Fortune coilovers and they are out of balance (too low on compression and too high on rebound) and have too much cross talk.

see this thread: http://www.***************/forums/sh...tune+coilovers
Frustrating but they have the "other" evo site blocked from linking....Just go there and do a search.

Many have had issues with reliablity with the BCs.

KWs and ASTs have life time warrenty. The KWs don't rust with road salt and I know people with 20K miles and no change in performance.
Old Aug 7, 2010, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

just adding my 2 cents in... just as what jimm mentioned, suspension is not the place to cut corners... i have learned my lesson on my past 2 cars and i am never going to cut corners again... save up for at the least AST or KW and you will be much happier in the end. doing it right the first time saves a lot of headache and $ down the road.

Quick Reply: Fortune Auto or BC Coilovers?