Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Coils came in today! KW V3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coils came in today! KW V3

So I had BC coilovers on my 2011 STi, they were eh....

Got these KW V3's in today. Wow what a difference in build quality! These things are beautiful!

I wont be putting them on till the winter is over ( where is the snow?) but when I do expect a full in depth review.

Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
With the 8k front and 9k rear rates? Or did you spec different?

Love the KWs on my Mustang.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Nothing to review I had them on my Evo Robi Spec and they were amazing like night and day I loved them!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 08:03 AM

Those look amazing. I started to dislike my BCs at 20k miles.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Smike
With the 8k front and 9k rear rates? Or did you spec different?

Love the KWs on my Mustang.
I stuck with 8k and 9k, no need for me to spec different especially if it would require me spending much much more then what i did on these!
Old Dec 31, 2011, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by jackburton
Those look amazing. I started to dislike my BCs at 20k miles.
I put 21k on my sti before trading it in, 10k of those were on BC's, they just made me cringe on every big bump.
Old Dec 31, 2011, 06:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how much did they set you back? ive been looking at getting them as well
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thisisagame24
how much did they set you back? Ive been looking at getting them as well

+2
Old Dec 31, 2011, 07:19 PM
Evolving Member

+1 on price.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 02:27 AM

If I am not mistaken those do not come with camber plates. Which ones are you opting for?

I was going to go with cobb stage two, but then after realizing that I should really do even more maintenance, changing fluids ect... suspension it is. I am seriously contemplating getting those.

Again, I just gotta say those are looking too good. I do have one more question though. That stainless steel is great but there still might be some binding issues. Do you use anything on the threads?(currently, planning on)

^Yeah, I drove my sisters 2012 JCW and was quite jealous of the ride. 80 mph feels like 55 in my car on back roads no joke. These BCs are crap, but I knew that when I bought em. ITs not just the ride though, damn dampers blow out. But yeah I can't wait the review. I am thinking it will coincide with when I am ready to a make a purchase, which is nice.

Last edited by jackburton; Jan 1, 2012 at 02:33 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
yes they do not come with top hats. They are perfect for Dd and light racing!
Those BC, and so $1000 coilovers for a reason why they cost that much. Because they do worth that much... LOL

here is my ex set up for my X it came a same way , no hats:

Enjoy your new coil-overs they are good ones!. Get a nice alignment and you will be golden If that helps here is mine for these coils with a R888"S for DD and light track use:

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 1, 2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 07:11 AM

I have these on my 2011 GSR and love them. The balance and feel of the car is so much better. You'll love them.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

I have KWs on two cars right now and very very happy.

One set are Robi's clubsports which are a little beefier than the V3s (and thus more suited to heavier track use), have a little higher spring rate (9/10) and valving than the V3s. That said, they are still very comfortable when properly adjusted.

The other are stock V3s on another car (not evo) which I have also been very happy with.

There are a couple of tricks to setting them up so look for my review thread or PM me if you have questions. You should be much happier than with the BCs. You should also not worry about winter. This is my forth winter on mine and they look brand new when I wash them off in the spring...an advantage not shared by many of the other coilovers.

I personally like being able to use the stock top hats. I don't want the road noise and these are quiet as a church mouse. Absolutely no noise from the coilovers.

If you want more camber in the front, get Robi's front bolts that can get you to -3.0.

I am currently working with someone on a solution for the rears as the stock bolts are prone to stripping once you are lowered and add stickier rubber. Will post on this and the other board once I test to see if it works.

enjoy your coilovers.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by superk1980
+2
Im lucky to have really good longtime friends that own popular performance shops so I can't say how much I paid, have to respect them!

I would recommend contacting some of the vendors on here, calling them will definitely result in the best price!

Last edited by Krotondo; Jan 1, 2012 at 08:47 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by jackburton
If I am not mistaken those do not come with camber plates. Which ones are you opting for?

I was going to go with cobb stage two, but then after realizing that I should really do even more maintenance, changing fluids ect... suspension it is. I am seriously contemplating getting those.

Again, I just gotta say those are looking too good. I do have one more question though. That stainless steel is great but there still might be some binding issues. Do you use anything on the threads?(currently, planning on)

^Yeah, I drove my sisters 2012 JCW and was quite jealous of the ride. 80 mph feels like 55 in my car on back roads no joke. These BCs are crap, but I knew that when I bought em. ITs not just the ride though, damn dampers blow out. But yeah I can't wait the review. I am thinking it will coincide with when I am ready to a make a purchase, which is nice.

No camber plates for me, Stock rubber mounts. Quite & comfortable. The stock camber bolts have plenty of adjustment, and aftermarket ones will provide even more adjustability.

Even on my BC's i never touched the camber plates adjustment, and i ran 25mm spacers on my stock wheels, and was very low with a very aggressive set up

From what I have seen I should not have to worry about winter and issues with the threads and or shock body giving me any issues. Plus if i did have any issues, I'm sure KW warranty will take over, they have great customer service.

Last edited by Krotondo; Jan 1, 2012 at 02:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Coils came in today! KW V3