Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

A tpms solution proven to work

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2012, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A tpms solution proven to work

Alright people-
I run a general service import shop and have been looking for a tpms solution that works for the vehicles we deal with that wont break the bank. My 2011 X was the test mule for my research and I quickly found that none of the companies (Bartec and Ateq) have the ability to reprogram our cars. Both companies stated that "engineering is working on it". I'm not one to wait for these companies to do what they say as there has been no solution for 4 years now for the Lancers. The lights drive me nuts. Enter a company named "sens.it". Webpapge found here:

http://www.alligator-sensit.com/

I purchased the tool from our Meyers tire guy along with 4 315mhz sensors and valve stems. Once I received the stuff- software install was a breeze and I was programming sensors within 5 minutes. All you need is your vin and the 4 serial/id numbers of the sensors programmed to your car that are obtained by using a tpms tool ( I used an ateq vt-30) or breaking down the beads and reading it right off the sensors. I'm willing to bet that every tire shop around has some type of tpms tool that you could slip them a $20 to obtain your numbers for you. That way you don't have to pay to break down your current set-up just to be able to program your clones that are going in other wheels. I burned the 4 sensors, installed them in my car yesterday and within 100ft all warning lights went off and all is well with the world again. Buying from Meyers- the sens.it tool was just under $200 and the sensors were close to $60 ea including the stems. Get a few people to go in on one in your area and you can see that the set-up would be way more cost effective than going to the dealer for a reprogram twice a year if you are running snows. My local dealer wanted $65 a pop. Some facts:

1) you can reprogram the sensors up to 15 times- so if you think you goofed it up- burn it again......

2) if you burn the 4 sensors, mount them on the car and then realize that you messed up- locate the sensor using a tpms tool, bring your laptop out and place the programming pad on the tire right over the sensor and reburn it on the car

3) you can only use "sens.it" sensors. If you already purchased 4 sensors and go to the dealer for reprogramming- this will not work for you unfortunately.

I have looked at tpms data on my car through the obd port and all pressures are in check and things are behaving exactly identical to the factory sensors.

Here are a few pics I snapped with my phone today. I'm glad there is finally another option out there!
Attached Thumbnails A tpms solution proven to work-sens-1.jpg   A tpms solution proven to work-sens-2.jpg  
Old Mar 8, 2012, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

which sensors did you get? i see two types on their site.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Rs1
Old Mar 10, 2012, 12:35 AM

What's the part # for the valve stem? Thanks again for helping us find an affortable solution, it sure wasn't easy. Can you also confirm the parts list below:

Meyer's parts list
-Sans it programing tool - 21191
-RS1 315 mhz - 21192
-Valve stem - 21194?
Old Mar 11, 2012, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

I'll look at the actual meyers invoice tomorrow and confirm. Pretty sure those are the numbers.

Originally Posted by nicekyo
What's the part # for the valve stem? Thanks again for helping us find an affortable solution, it sure wasn't easy. Can you also confirm the parts list below:

Meyer's parts list
-RS1 315 mhz - 21192
-Valve stem - 21194?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

Your numbers are correct.

Originally Posted by nicekyo

Meyer's parts list
-RS1 315 mhz - 21192
-Valve stem - 21194?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

so if you get this tpms sensor & program it with your original tpms serial number I don't have to swap tpms?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Correct. You are basically making a copy of your current factory sensors that you would install in your second set of wheels. Its a pretty slick setup. In a few years if any of your factory sensors failed they can always be replaced with a sens-it. If anybody is local and wants to see how it all works shoot me a pm.

Originally Posted by eclipsegsx012
so if you get this tpms sensor & program it with your original tpms serial number I don't have to swap tpms?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 05:12 PM
Evolving Member

I have access to one - I tried to program a set for my 2012, no dice. - The unit asks for your vin# , it won't work for 2012 vins. Was told they are working on it.
Old Mar 14, 2012, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does anyone know why it needs the VIN? ID is ID, isn't it?
Old Mar 15, 2012, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

This TPMS is indeed a nightmare.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by N.G.S.
I have access to one - I tried to program a set for my 2012, no dice. - The unit asks for your vin# , it won't work for 2012 vins. Was told they are working on it.

Hey N.G.S. I was looking for these for my 2012. Let me know if you get anywhere with them.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Pretty sure NGS had success just using a 2011 vin number.........
Old Mar 30, 2012, 04:09 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry - I didn't see your question -

Like Packrat said, 2011 vins work.

This is what happened:
I tried to program a set of TPMS for my 2012, the unit did not recognize my vin # when I inputted it into the programmer. I emailed alligatorsens-it and they told me that they were working on programming the range of vins that corresponded to the 2012's. I did some research and realized that the part #'s for the TPMS were the same. I emailed them again and asked if a 2011 vin would work and they told me that it should. I think the vin is kept in the software as a way to file your information in case you needed a replacement in the future. As long as the vin number is in their system it lets you move forward to the programming phase. You then enter the tpms info into the unit, it then clones your tpms info into one of their units, what happens is that your car thinks nothing has changed and the lights don't get set off.

I had a second set of wheels that I was looking to put a tpms on and did not want to go back and forth to the dealership to have them programmed into the car. I programmed a set and put them on the wheels, I then swapped out my wheels and tried them out. The TPMS light never went off, two weeks and countless miles later and everything is working perfectly.

If any one needs any help with this feel free to PM me.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 05:54 AM

Excellent!!!

This is awesome. The dealer just quoted me 4x $150 for mounting oem sensor, then I would need to pay $35 (in spring and fall) for them to run the re-learn process.

Totally going with the Sens.it. Have you all purchased through Myers?

Quick Reply: A tpms solution proven to work