Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

asc and brakes on after cmc install

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
asc and brakes on after cmc install

So i installed the AMS cmc today and after 300 meters my ASC Service light came on. I also noticed the car felt sluggish when taking off and my slipping clutch was getting worse because i had to use more throttle to keep moving. After i stopped the car i noticed my brake lights remained on. I shut the car off, lights still stayed on. Restarted and the service light went away. It's pretty obvious one of the brakes or the pedal is partial on, causing the lights to come on, asc service light and the sluggish feeling. Any ideas how to fix this. I bled the clutch and brakes 2 times, so theres no air in the system.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[Must resist temptation to mention two-step launch control....]

One reason for the ASC light to come on after you have rolled a certain distance is that one (or more) of the wheel-speed sensors is broken or disconnected. Any chance that you damaged or unplugged one while bleeding the brakes?
Old Jun 24, 2012, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i found out what it is. There is a switch/sensor behind the brake pedal. When your foot isnt on the brake, its pushing the switch which turns the tail lights off and its all normal. It my case the switch was pushed to far back (i must have bumped into it or something) and the switch wasnt being pressed. So thats why the lights were always on and the system probably thought i was driving with the brakes being applied.