Notices
Evo X Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help me pick a tire

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2013, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Iowa999
When you ask too much of a tire, especially the outside front, it will roll over onto the shoulder, snap back up, roll over, snap back, etc, and make a wump-wump-wump noise that you can feel through the steering wheel. If you've been loose, instead, you won't have heard/felt it yet. Evo Xs don't push as much as other cars. In the 2G DSM, before I learned to stop driving like my brother, it happened quite a bit.

Yes, LFBing (left foot braking) is rougher on the brakes, but it is soooo worth it. If you're going to autocross with giant, heavy, dusty Brembos, use 'em!
haha ahh yea I see what you're saying. Even with these soft sidwalls of mine I didn't notice it. I can tell the sidewalls of my tires are folding right under the wheel though as they are marked up. Once I get a hold of a go-pro I'll be shooting my front or rear tire to see what it looks like at the limit.

I guess lfbing is something I'll have to practice if I want to get more competitive.

We just got our times from autox school and I was only 1-2 seconds behind the experienced drivers. I know that's a whole lot of time for autox but I think its pretty good for my first real drive in this car