Front End Clunk - Sway Bar Movement - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo X Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Front End Clunk - Sway Bar Movement

Old Apr 6, 2017, 06:30 AM

Front End Clunk - Sway Bar Movement

This front end clunking noise that you can feel through the pedals seems to be a common problem with the X. I've checked to make sure no suspension components are loose (struts, endlinks, etc.) The only thing I've found slightly odd is I can physically move my front sway bar (with a good amount of force) from side to side, but no more than an inch though. When doing this I do hear that notorious 'thud' or 'clunk'.

I assumed the sway bar bushings needed to be replaced if I can physically move it, so I ordered Whiteline bushings. I was wondering is there a way to replace these bushings without having to drop the subframe?