Evo tires for daily - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo X Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Evo tires for daily

Old Aug 12, 2018, 11:57 AM

Question Evo tires for daily

Hey guys, been looking for some new tires for the car, but been getting stuck between nitto motivos and advans but i'll be daily driving in NY so the roads are complete 💩. Any recommendations would be great or some things to look for when deciding. Running stock suspension. Have advan A13C 245/40-18 at the moment.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Continental ExtremeContact Sport, Michelin PS4S, BFGoodrich GForce Sport Comp2, all great tires.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

The stock Advans only have a treadwear rating of 180, so any of the tires mentioned above are going to run longer for you and probably be just as suitable on NY roads. Part of the Advan's special sauce is a stiff sidewall, which really helps with turn-in. I'm running Pilot Super Sports as my DD summer tire and they've been great as replacements. I'd steer clear of the Nittos based on my personal past experiences.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.