Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Decided on the evo... just a bit of deliberation

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Decided on the evo... just a bit of deliberation

So after the test drives guys, my *** just tells me the Evo is the one when I sit in it.

I'm not a fan of leather but I do enjoy a sun roof so I am wondering if they sell the sunroof without the damn leather, cause I'll buy sun and sound but not that leather crap.

Also I was lookin at the MR, it's impressive, but on the 05's is the only difference the tranny, badging, rims, and shocks? oh and the alum roof?

I don't think I'd get an MR cause I'd want a sunroof and that'd negate the whole point of having an alum roof but at the same time I really am feeling that 6spd. tranny.

Is it possible to do a tranny swap into a GSR and if so is it even worth it?

Can you all give me your pros and cons of each, any gripes you might have or any selling points you might pitch for either side. I'm glad to have been swayed to the evo side =) screw nissan lol. (j/k I still respect nissan, I just prefer mitsu)

Thanks guys!
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RedHaeylo7
So after the test drives guys, my *** just tells me the Evo is the one when I sit in it.

I'm not a fan of leather but I do enjoy a sun roof so I am wondering if they sell the sunroof without the damn leather, cause I'll buy sun and sound but not that leather crap.

Also I was lookin at the MR, it's impressive, but on the 05's is the only difference the tranny, badging, rims, and shocks? oh and the alum roof?

I don't think I'd get an MR cause I'd want a sunroof and that'd negate the whole point of having an alum roof but at the same time I really am feeling that 6spd. tranny.

Is it possible to do a tranny swap into a GSR and if so is it even worth it?

Can you all give me your pros and cons of each, any gripes you might have or any selling points you might pitch for either side. I'm glad to have been swayed to the evo side =) screw nissan lol. (j/k I still respect nissan, I just prefer mitsu)

Thanks guys!
Not worth it to do the tranny swap. I have a Sun roof on my car it and rattles when it's closed. So if that make you go nuts then get the MR and also it will hold better value over the GSR or RS.
IMHO
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

The MR also has the electronic controlled center differential
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twardOZRally
The MR also has the electronic controlled center differential
All 05s do. FYI
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

oh, the mitsu site made it sound like it was an MR only feature, thanks for the info
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

I don't think the MR warrants the price differential. If you are performance driven and if cost is a factor, i would much rather put my money into a stock evo 8 and slap on a Vishnu stg 1 kit rather than purchase a stock MR. Not only will it cost you subtantially less to assemble but it will easily torch an MR. However, if you are more into the aesthetics of the vehicle, the MR is slightly more impressive but still not enough, in my opinion at least, to warrant its cost.

Last edited by evowilling; Oct 18, 2004 at 12:40 PM.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

the leather and the sunroof are part of a package that also includes an infinity sound system and HID headlights. unfortunately, you can't pick and choose. it's all or nothing.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:20 PM

Well that sucks that you can't opt to get the options without the leather, I guess I'd just have to get it and ask another member of the site or another evo owner if they would trade their seats =).

As for the MR I find a lot of things pleasing but really the only major feature I like about it is the transmission, is it just like having 2 overdrive gears? Does it hold you in the powerband better? I mean if the extra gear really isn't worth it should I just go with a GSR?

Also, I am sure the MR would hold value better but would that simple fact be worth it? I mean I do intend to modify this car for show.

Also one of you mentioned the sunroof rattles when driving? Is it just yours or do all evo's with sunroofs rattle? Cause I do enjoy having a sunroof. I dunno just a few more questions and I'm sure I'll be joining the ranks.

Also does anyone know what this new electric blue looks like?
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:22 PM

lol bro i will trade u my stock seats for ur leather ones, lol i would love to have the leather recaros
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RedHaeylo7
Well that sucks that you can't opt to get the options without the leather, I guess I'd just have to get it and ask another member of the site or another evo owner if they would trade their seats =).

As for the MR I find a lot of things pleasing but really the only major feature I like about it is the transmission, is it just like having 2 overdrive gears? Does it hold you in the powerband better? I mean if the extra gear really isn't worth it should I just go with a GSR?

Also, I am sure the MR would hold value better but would that simple fact be worth it? I mean I do intend to modify this car for show.

Also one of you mentioned the sunroof rattles when driving? Is it just yours or do all evo's with sunroofs rattle? Cause I do enjoy having a sunroof. I dunno just a few more questions and I'm sure I'll be joining the ranks.

Also does anyone know what this new electric blue looks like?
I have driven one and they are not over drive gears.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

my sunroof doesnt rattle, and if it did, it would be covered under warranty.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
my sunroof doesnt rattle, and if it did, it would be covered under warranty.

Waranty
Old Oct 18, 2004, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eric Lyublinsky
Waranty
dont even start
Old Oct 18, 2004, 02:27 PM

well ****... it's either get an MR and lose out on my sunroof... or get a GSR and lose out on my 6spd...

=P this is almost as hard as choosing what to eat... I'm hungry so I think I'll take care of that decision first... but what do you all think?! LOL

Thanks again for the input guys... =)
Old Oct 18, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

yea im also curious what did all of you south florida buyers pay for your evo? or what did you guys who own a MR in south florida pay in full for it? sorry to hijack the thread.

Quick Reply: Decided on the evo... just a bit of deliberation