Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

$29,000...why?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2003, 01:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know i realized, this thread started out by trying to explain why an EVO costs "so much". at first it was a simple "29,000 isn't too much, look at what you are getting!", then it gradually turned into "i am old, i have much knowledge to give you if you just listen..." "but i am young, and i know everything, and need not heed the warnings of older, wiser fellows! you just hate all young people!"

sorry. i like re-enacting things in my own words
Old Jan 15, 2003, 11:23 AM

This thread has become pretty ridiculous...
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:58 AM

I've wasted 30 minutes of my life reading these 7 pages of nonsense. I'm 25 yrs.old and have always been ahead of my peers in every sense. I graduated college when I was 21 with a BS in Computer Networking Technology and started working in a bank upgrading their Network to be Y2K compliant (no remarks about Y2K Please..."I told you nothing was going to happen...." "Right...No one ever considers that thousands of dedicated technicians spent years on this so that nothing would happen...Anyway off that soapbox). I had a Geo Storm that I drove to work, a Pontiac GrandAm that I used for long trips and a Supra Turbo for Weekend Driving.....I never had much spending money, but I was happy.....If some 18 yr old kid can afford an EVO and put it on the street instead of in the ditch,...Let's be happy for him and say,...Hey man ....Can I drive?
There are some of us out there that have paid our dues early in life so we can enjoy the finer things BEFORE we retire........
Peace.......
Get that Evo Bro....
Old Jan 17, 2003, 11:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

There's obviously no stopping a young person from getting a fast car. I think the thing is as much "I don't think you know what you're getting yourself into" as it is anything else. Another couple pennies from yours truly.

EDIT: And of course it's a generalization.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:06 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had a 94 mustang GT when i was 17. The car was easily handled except when winter rolls around. It's almost like a boat and handles like a grand prix with 17inchers.

All I have to say is that the 2.1 turn Lock to lock can be very dangerous. Inexperience drivers tend to freak out when something happends from debris on the road and etc. If you turn at hi-way speeds with that ratio it' probably wont' be a pretty site. We don't have ACD/AYC to save us this time around.

Another words i'd recommend the STI over the evo 8 due to this reason. This car is dangerous even if your a responsible driver but in the wrong hand i'd hate to see my insurance go up and people getting put into hospitals.
Old Jan 18, 2003, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

*stakes thread through the heart*

these things keep coming back!
Old Jan 19, 2003, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Hey!?! Maybe "this could be the longest thread ever."
Old Feb 1, 2003, 01:13 AM

lol!!

No **** fuji. It would be the damn royal rumble!

I mean come on. People buy minivans cause they have family. People buy trucks cause they haul stuff. People buy Jeeps cause they live in the mountains. You want to get a evo cause its a Rocket on wheels(i finally got to see one). Almost all of us have been teens in this age of high performance cars. Almost all those times of coming up to a red and seeing the guy next to you, you race him(needle-dick syndrome). At any rate, I would admit to myself that im buying an evo for the reasons that i listed. Especially is i was 17. What other reason would the be. Whether the parents are buying the car or you are, the attitude is still the same. Youre looking to have a fast time,impress the ladies and your friends. I would have the common sense to realize that what people say about the evo is for real, its FAST. Maybe you should get something else. Hope i dont sound like im rambling but its better to be safe than crashing and burning.

Originally posted by fujiramaOZL03
This has been very entertaining.

I am just glad everybody does not live in the same neighborhood
Old Feb 4, 2003, 06:41 PM

i wonder...those of you out there who can afford an Evo and are thusly defending the young kids who can get one...would you still be singing that song if you had no chance in hell of ever owning one? ill be the first to admit, its a sad injustice sometimes when people who work their asses off still cant get an Evo, but junior, who's daddy bathes in scratch, prances around rubbing it in everyones face how he's getting one and to hell with everyone else who's jealous. obviously this kind of person has no idea what real financial obligations are, or what its like to finally get something you worked hard and sacrificed for. its sad...