Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

stuff for my EVO IX MR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2006, 07:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stuff for my EVO IX MR?

ok, i sent in a deposit so that the dealer ship can order my evo ix mr in alaska so that it will be there when i get back to the US. but im new to the EVO. and eith it being a EVO IX im haveing a harder time finding some parts to order. for the exhaust, does the evo 8 exhaust work on the evo 9s? i want a HKS exhaust system. and i wanted a injen cold air intake but they arent making it for the evo ixs yet. i know that the evo 8 cold air intakes are different from evo 9s right? so what would be a good cold air intake for the evo 9 mr? HKS makes one for the evo ix, right? and are hard pipes avalible for it? will the HKS blow off valve work with the pipes? these reflashes for the eco, is that just made from what you tell them that you have done to your car or do they have have to have you car to do it? cause i will be in alaska and i dont think there is a way to get it tuned up there. pretty much all that i want for my car right now is exhaust, cold air intake, hard pipes, blow off valve, and a boost contol and have it tuned.

thanks for any help
Old Mar 3, 2006, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Not many cold air intakes are available for the IXs yet, but the Injen intake fits- lots of people have had problems with it loosing boost pressure- honestly you should just drop in a K&N panel filter (those are good for 400whp) because you will most likely loos hp with a cold air unless you do some serious mods. Besides that you should do a 3 " turbo-back exhaust and a manual boost controller and then send your ECU to dynoflash and have it tuned thru the mail based on those other mods- it will only cost $325 including shipping for the dynoflash on your IX... check out dynoflash.com for the ECU, find a Forge UNOS manual boost controller somewhere like gruppe-s.com for around $90, plenty of tuboback exhausts including a test pipe for under $1K, K&N Filter around $90.... should be around 300whp, and possible to boost as much as 340whp running 21.5psi according to some peoples posts I have read. Anything over 350whp consider a Walbro drop-in fuel pump (about $90) and when pushing close to 400whp consider larger injectors. the factory air box is a great setup when using the stock turbo, but unless you are having it tuned or doing a ECU flash thru mail you should forget about the cold air intake and stick with a panel filter by K&N or HKS... invest your money in the parts I mentioned and you wont regret it!

Last edited by DJ Brett B; Mar 3, 2006 at 03:55 PM.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

to get the most HP numbers all u need is Buschur Racing Turbo back exhaust, MBC, and flash..... the stock intake is already good enough for what u want... no need to upgrade.
Old Mar 6, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolving Member

Get a Full 3" TBE....Well Silvernine her Said his going to Get a Tune and if her Adds the Intake System he will get Some Hp to the Wheels....Get a MBC Set it at 22Psi.........you Should have a monster in ur hands
Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DJ Brett B
Not many cold air intakes are available for the IXs yet, but the Injen intake fits- lots of people have had problems with it loosing boost pressure- honestly you should just drop in a K&N panel filter (those are good for 400whp) because you will most likely loos hp with a cold air unless you do some serious mods. Besides that you should do a 3 " turbo-back exhaust and a manual boost controller and then send your ECU to dynoflash and have it tuned thru the mail based on those other mods- it will only cost $325 including shipping for the dynoflash on your IX... check out dynoflash.com for the ECU, find a Forge UNOS manual boost controller somewhere like gruppe-s.com for around $90, plenty of tuboback exhausts including a test pipe for under $1K, K&N Filter around $90.... should be around 300whp, and possible to boost as much as 340whp running 21.5psi according to some peoples posts I have read. Anything over 350whp consider a Walbro drop-in fuel pump (about $90) and when pushing close to 400whp consider larger injectors. the factory air box is a great setup when using the stock turbo, but unless you are having it tuned or doing a ECU flash thru mail you should forget about the cold air intake and stick with a panel filter by K&N or HKS... invest your money in the parts I mentioned and you wont regret it!

The K & N filter only cost 57.97 from advance. I know I know its advance but its my part time job during school so i mean i dont geuss i can complain. Ordered min from there and with my discount i paid like 48 dollars. so not to bad.
Dustin
Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please don't mess with all those mods. This is an Evo, not a Honda. Don't just go buy all these expensive, shiny, name brand things because 2F2F says they're cool. As SilverNine stated, all you need for the IX is what's in my sig. For a measly $1270, you get all the parts you need (shipping included) and the associated tune that matches it. All of this is good for about 330-340whp on your IX without wasting money on that other stuff that doesn't fit and that isn't necessary.

Just click on the first link in my sig for details...
Old Mar 6, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

id watch out for the K&N air filters since they are an oil bath filter. the oil that is on the filter will get onto the sensor inside the MAF and disrupt readings, causing possible bad driving conditions.