Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Basic Questions for FE EVO X owner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basic Questions for FE EVO X owner

hey guys im new to this site and new to this vehicle just have a few questions

1. anyone modded their FE yet? if so what have you done?
2. how much does the car go down in value if you tune it/mod it?

3. what set up do you get most bang for your buck ( im looking only for exhaust, intake, and blow off valve)
- the set up im thinking of getting is HKS Hi Power Dual Exhaust, TurboSmart BOV, and AEM Cold Air Intake and a ProTune.
4. Any other noteworthy things i need to know about owning an evo X final edition?

im asking this because i dont want to make any irrational decisions based on my desirable impulses. thnx broskiessss.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 91 Likes on 84 Posts
Welcome and enjoy the car It sounds like you need to do a lot more research before deciding on any modifications. If you are concerned about resale value, leave it stock, and just put a drop in filter from Cosworth (they don't require oiling) and enjoy the car. It will smooth things out a bit. You can put a cat back exhaust on, but don't do a turbo back as you would need to tune for that.

When you modify the car you are not going to add value to it, and really are decreasing the value especially for a FE.

If you decide 'screw all that I'm modifying' like most do, you need to research more before deciding on the parts you need. A BOV isn't needed really until you have a larger turbo for instance. The most common 'first' bolt on modifications are a test pipe, drop in filter, EBCS, tune, and some recommend a fuel pump.

Where you get it modified is more crucial than what parts you choose for it. Since you are in Hawaii I'd just do the catback exhaust and drop in filter and leave it alone. You can get some good e-tunes to work with you remotely but if you end up having an issue while trapped on your island you will have very few options for fixing it.

Good luck and enjoy! Post up some good pictures of your new FE in some good places on the island. I'm sure you can make some breathtaking pictures!
The following users liked this post:
jhkuse (Sep 13, 2016)
Old Sep 12, 2016, 12:52 AM

ty for your response napalm! yeah i have a lot to learn about this car and cars in general!. im jsut a tad bit concerned about the resale value, but not enough in persuading me in keeping it stock. Perhaps i could be won over to keep it stock the more i research or the complete opposite haha.

So far im leaning more towards the screw it im modifying it attitude. There is a shop here that i know that specializes in evos so thats something. the hk hi power dual exhaust i believe is catback and also what i wanted.

maybe ill post some pics later thnx again man
Old Sep 13, 2016, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Napalm_Enema
Welcome and enjoy the car It sounds like you need to do a lot more research before deciding on any modifications. If you are concerned about resale value, leave it stock, and just put a drop in filter from Cosworth (they don't require oiling) and enjoy the car. It will smooth things out a bit. You can put a cat back exhaust on, but don't do a turbo back as you would need to tune for that.

When you modify the car you are not going to add value to it, and really are decreasing the value especially for a FE.

If you decide 'screw all that I'm modifying' like most do, you need to research more before deciding on the parts you need. A BOV isn't needed really until you have a larger turbo for instance. The most common 'first' bolt on modifications are a test pipe, drop in filter, EBCS, tune, and some recommend a fuel pump.

Where you get it modified is more crucial than what parts you choose for it. Since you are in Hawaii I'd just do the catback exhaust and drop in filter and leave it alone. You can get some good e-tunes to work with you remotely but if you end up having an issue while trapped on your island you will have very few options for fixing it.

Good luck and enjoy! Post up some good pictures of your new FE in some good places on the island. I'm sure you can make some breathtaking pictures!

On point^
I would also add: to know what your end goal for the car will be and what parts you are going to focus on, I know this might be hard to decide on since in the beginning you most likely want a good over all car but... for example are you going to use your car as a daily driver? Do you just want it for show (appearance and sound)? do you intend to make real power out of it, if so is E85 or a bigger turbo possible for where you live? Do you plan on KEEPING the car for the long run or you plan on trading it in later down the road?
These are all questions I would recommend having an idea of before you want to start upgrading parts to your car.

Another good way to learn up on initial modifications is to go pay a visit to the tuner that works on evos by where you are. Not to do anything specific to the car, but just to learn. Stop by, hang out with him and ask him what his experiences have been with these evos and what parts make the most power that he has seen. My advice to you is that in the beginning everything will seem confusing just don't make any decisions without researching it first. Everything you thinking of doing has been asked or discussed on these forums so search it up and you will quickly learn the do's and don'ts for initial mods.

Old Sep 13, 2016, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Don't worry about a BOV.. It will be a waste of money. Just buy an intake if you want more of the "turbo/BOV" sound.

Exhaust, intake, tune will be a good start. Later you can add a testpipe/high flow cat, intercooler piping and intercooler..
The following users liked this post:
jhkuse (Sep 13, 2016)
Old Sep 14, 2016, 06:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
ETS Intake or Panel Filter..Cobb AP…UICP..Catback.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 09:29 PM

alright guys ill take everyhting in to consideration