Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

better gas mileage with AC on??

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
better gas mileage with AC on??

is that possible? when i have the AC on i seem to get better gas mileage, but when it's off it doesnt matter if i have the windows up or down my gas mileage is worse. sounds impossible but i drive with the AC on all the time now for better gas mileage
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:17 PM

Gas mileage does not increase with the A/C on.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

i have to agree with you. I do seem to get better gas milage with the AC on also, But i attribute it to the fact that i know the AC is on, so i drive much more normal and stay out of boost alot more. So i think thats why.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

you beat me to it.

Originally Posted by nhsean69
i have to agree with you. I do seem to get better gas milage with the AC on also, But i attribute it to the fact that i know the AC is on, so i drive much more normal and stay out of boost alot more. So i think thats why.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Bro I drive like 60 miles a day on my beauty and with the a/c on and it gives you some what steady gas milage but as long as you stay off of it you'll be cool, I've learned that if you get on it and with the a/c there goes the gas. But I also tried to suck it up with no a/c and I still got the same gas milage
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

there have been a TON of EPA and car mag tests on this, and most say over 45 MPH youll get better MPG with the windows up and A/C on, due to the decreased drag of the car.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:46 PM

didnt they do a mythbusters on this and i belive there wasnt much of a difference
Old Aug 8, 2006, 05:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOK3D
didnt they do a mythbusters on this and i belive there wasnt much of a difference
i remember one about the tailgate of a truck but not the car. i was suprised to see that you get better gas mileage with the gate up.