Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Just Traded 06 STI for Evo 9 IX MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice car! Congrats!
Now onto the whole GPS thing... I wonder why they don't offer it here. If you can "lock" it into position and get an alert if the car moves, wouldn't that be an awesome way to keep cars from getting stolen and/or speed the recovery? I wonder if it's an insurance conspiracy to keep our rates high?
Old Aug 22, 2006, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

cheers for the warm welcome guys!

ps lol @ 's-t-why' hehe classic 06 STI was good...no passion, not as fast, not as sexy, not as involving, not as loud, not as fun, did i mention not as fast?

PS yes a fair few people have sold STI's recently to buy Evo's. However one magazine is about to run an award where the 350Z and the 06STI share 1st/2nd and Evo comes..3rd. Ridiculous really, but eh the same magazine did a HSV DST (v8 monaro/pontiac GTO to US ppl) vs 06 STI vs Evo comparisation a few months ago and concluded Evo by far best performance. go Figure.

Trav
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by troe666
cheers for the warm welcome guys!

ps lol @ 's-t-why' hehe classic 06 STI was good...no passion, not as fast, not as sexy, not as involving, not as loud, not as fun, did i mention not as fast?

PS yes a fair few people have sold STI's recently to buy Evo's. However one magazine is about to run an award where the 350Z and the 06STI share 1st/2nd and Evo comes..3rd. Ridiculous really, but eh the same magazine did a HSV DST (v8 monaro/pontiac GTO to US ppl) vs 06 STI vs Evo comparisation a few months ago and concluded Evo by far best performance. go Figure.

Trav
That's why I don't read car mags. They tout one car as the end all be all car and then in the next issue the newest car will always win the comparison test, especially if it's a 3 series BMW.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

It's true mate....theyre hopeless at times.

Tony b - the GPS does indeed SMS you when it moves more than 200m. Also it's accurate to within 5m - 'lose' your car and you can call them and have them remotely shut it down and tell you where it is!

Also the GPS service can be used for directions, or just help with the car, or to arrange tow trucking. you just press this info button on the A piller on drivers side and it rings mitsubishi on a sat phone or similar and you can speak out loud to them etc

the SMS's arrive instantly, i tested locking the location then moving the car round the block, instant SMS saying Alert Car Moved! Last Location x!

wonder why they dont offer it over there....it must be a Mitsubishi australia value-add kinda thing?

Trav
Old Sep 1, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

lol, I did the same thing a few days ago! Except, I had an 05 w/ 10,500 miles on it. I don't regret the trade at all. Congrats on the MR!
Old Sep 2, 2006, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Welcome to EVOM~ Nice car, I wish US received same model of MR. Extra RPM is something I would love to have... Good choice!
Old Sep 3, 2006, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

thanks guys..

getting a rattle fixed this week as well as getting Tein SS coilovers installed and a K&N panel filter.

Woohoo! loving it!

Trav
Old Sep 3, 2006, 10:02 AM

Congradulatoins on the car. I'm glad I purchased my Evo over the STi as well.
Old Sep 3, 2006, 11:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by troe666
It's true mate....theyre hopeless at times.

Tony b - the GPS does indeed SMS you when it moves more than 200m. Also it's accurate to within 5m - 'lose' your car and you can call them and have them remotely shut it down and tell you where it is!

Also the GPS service can be used for directions, or just help with the car, or to arrange tow trucking. you just press this info button on the A piller on drivers side and it rings mitsubishi on a sat phone or similar and you can speak out loud to them etc

the SMS's arrive instantly, i tested locking the location then moving the car round the block, instant SMS saying Alert Car Moved! Last Location x!

wonder why they dont offer it over there....it must be a Mitsubishi australia value-add kinda thing?

Trav
Man I would love to have that! Here in the U.S., the closest thing we have is Lo Jack. Is a GPS tracking device that if you car get stolen, you can call the police and the police can locate your vehicle and recuperate it. The down low is that we don't have the locator so we can beat the **** out of the mugger . No satisfaction but hey, at least we get our car back
Old Sep 5, 2006, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

i tell you what, THIS review really helped sway my decision when I had to make it. well worth the read (the article) and review of both cars + conclusion, as well as the video link (3mins) on the first page of review!

It's a VERY good Edmunds review... when I first watched this, I was a rapidly-becoming-disgruntled-06 STI-owner lol now look at me, im a loving-the-evo-fanboy but obviously still have mechanical concerns (as do all cars) but this car just has such a great soul to it. Love it

LINK ---->
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=109126

Trav