Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Is $33,500 a good price for a new 2006 Evo SE?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2006, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Is that otd? Or was that the sticker?
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

The reason dealers keep marking up evos is because you all keep paying the markup. If everyone got smart and refused to pay it then they would have to remove it, but there are still folks willing to pay 6....8....10K over for this car. And yes I know it is worth that much to some people, but seriously I know a lot of filthy rich people and throwing away 10 grand sure isnt how they got rich.

Paying invoice for these cars is fair. Even better if u are getting employee discount (VIP)....im still tossing and turning over here trying to decide if I want a black SE or a black MR w/ appearance package.

It's basically a 3K price increase for the 6-speed/vortex generator/shiftknob/ebrake cover/guages/floormats/badging

but I really would love a black MR just because its rare......sigh
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i got it for 36,000 sticker price, it was at 40,000 mark up, and they wanted the rally red mr for 45,000 mark up.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

When will you all learn.....it doesnt matter what the sticker says.....it doesnt matter what the markup says.....it doesnt matter what the salesman says....

As long as you give them some profit, which is a little above invoice then you can walk away without a new a$$hole being drilled in by the salesman.

Tell them that you want a quick transaction. Tell them you will give them 500 profit off the car and that is it. And if they make that transaction one hour they will make 500/hr....if they dick around just walk out.

You guys are the one with the power. You have the money. You dont have to pay the markup if you dont want to. You all just get too attached to the car at the dealership and when they see your eyes light up they see dollar signs.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 03:45 PM

yup exactly, I got punked
Old Sep 6, 2006, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
As long as you give them some profit, which is a little above invoice then you can walk away without a new a$$hole being drilled in by the salesman.
Even if you pay under invoice, you are giving them profit. They also get holdback and volume discount. Invoice is NOT the net cost for the dealer, they are actually paying less than that. And then if you have additional factory incentives (i.e. Mitsubishi has a $500 loyalty discount right now), you should definitely not be paying invoice.

Without factory incentives it's hard to get under invoice (there are other factors involved), but it's doable depending on the car and the circumstances. I bought my GG '06 MR for $2100 under invoice a month ago! Only 4 mi. on the odo.
Old Sep 6, 2006, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Or better yet why dont you just go to south coast mitsu for your evo and pay under invoice? I got my evo 9(never been test driven before brand new) for 27999 it came out to be about 31000 out the door.
Old Sep 7, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

For some reason SE have not reached NORCAL yet.....sucks ***...I am considering the rive down to South Coast but I hear that they screw you on the trade in value of your current car. Huntington Beach sounds good and are willing to match the price and give me what I want for my Accord daily driver.....but damn getting all those paint chips on a brand new black se or MR would make me cry....i'd be driving like 50mph on the 5 :P
Old Sep 12, 2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by JDMevoBOOST
For some reason SE have not reached NORCAL yet.....sucks ***...I am considering the rive down to South Coast but I hear that they screw you on the trade in value of your current car. Huntington Beach sounds good and are willing to match the price and give me what I want for my Accord daily driver.....but damn getting all those paint chips on a brand new black se or MR would make me cry....i'd be driving like 50mph on the 5 :P
Good luck.