Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

17 yr. old with evo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many of you would know how to handle an Evo at 17? At best youd only be driving a year... Its not about money and wants, In my opinion, it doesnt seem smart for your kids 1st or even second car to be a 250+ hp computerized rally car. doesnt make much sense. They need to learn how to drive before they can learn to drive an Evo.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by turbotas7
just don't be wreckless and your fine
99% of the 17-20 year olds dont fit in that category
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:47 AM
Evolved Member

i bought my evo when i was 19.... I personally have loved every minute of it. Another aspect to look at is if you do your own work or not. I know me abusing my car doesnt happen unless im willing to do the work because i wont be paying anyone else to do it. Anyway im now 23 and the evo is just fine with 82,000 miles But usually in a case of daddys money people just dont seem to respect whats under them. I know if i didnt have to pay for the car im sure i would beat on it alot more as i would have plenty of cash to fix it. Or put a huge turbo on it.... Or mod the car lol.....
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:50 AM

I wouldn't have passed up an evo at 17 if my parents paid for it.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pulley1fan
How many of you would know how to handle an Evo at 17? At best youd only be driving a year... Its not about money and wants, In my opinion, it doesnt seem smart for your kids 1st or even second car to be a 250+ hp computerized rally car. doesnt make much sense. They need to learn how to drive before they can learn to drive an Evo.

I personally would of said I was ready to drive an evo at about 14, it varies.

Just because there are lots of dumb kids, it doesn't mean that a kid is any less capable of driving a fast car.

Driving the evo, having its 4wd, ridiculous brakes, and incredible handling I think would make it one of the best cars for kids to have as there first if it didn't have the power it did. In terms of the "active" saftey measures, if you can avoid the accident or get around it or react in time the evo is probably your best chance of survival, nothing handles/brakes nearly as well as it for the money.

The problem comes when stupid people do stupid things. Anybody can crash any car if they are trying hard enough, the scary part is with the evo if your driving it hard, your already going very very quick.

Scorke
Old Jul 3, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

All i would say is drive safe.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ex-honda
17 and responsible........hmmmmmm..maybe 2 out of 10. When ever a girl comes along and say this "hey, lets see how fast this can go?" What do you think will happen?
I suppose the typical Evo owner over the age of 21 would turn his nose up at a person asking to see what the car can do, eh? Yes, I can just see it now. "Pardon, madam, but the law is in place for a reason and I frankly don't understand why the car isn't electronically limited to 55 miles per hour. Tally ho!" What a load of crap. An irresponsible 27 year old is every bit as likely to do something reckless/immature as an irresponsible 17 year old is. Get off your pedastal.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BocaShula
im 17 and paid the car myself... **** all the old *** haters

this is why 17 year olds shouldnt have an evo, immature little punks
Old Jul 5, 2007, 10:55 AM

I was thinking of getting this car as my first but after talking to owners of the car, I will probably get a lesser car first and maybe after a couple years of building up hopefully good credit and getting experience, I'll look at the evos again.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 11:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Personally, I don't care. If a 17 year old wants the car, go for it. Only thing I can say really, is drive safe.

Guys, kids are going to own these cars regardless of the opinion. You live once, let them be happy.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Hmm if there not a dusche with it
Old Jul 5, 2007, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by krazy srt4
i wouldn't be talkin s*** half of u 21+ drive like idiots and give everyone bad names too the reason everyone focuses on 17year olds or watever cuz were young and were the main focus now a days...yeah sure there are some kids that don't learn at all and are stupid about things but not all of us are like that...doesnt matter if ur evo was gaven to you or not as well...some people can't handle jealousy... so if ur 17 u have to drive a beat up car or a slow one to appreciate it wat type of crap is that...just because some things are given doesn't mean there arn't well apprecited and taken care of...and as the value of the dollar alot of teens do pay for there payment or atleast help out wat do u expect for a teen to make thousands...sure theres alot of teens that don't noe how to handle power but the same as alot of adults everyone just just stop raggin on teens...everyone should just let them be...some people are ugly and some are good lookin so wat ur gonna hate on them because they look better wat the point of that some kids got more money than others......
I think for your opinion to get respect on threads such as this one you need to spell properly. First of all "were" was meant to be used as "we're" in the context of the sentence. You can't spell correctly and we're suppose to value your opinion. America these days. It's that damn MTV . Obviously not every teen is the same as is the case for any group, anywhere. However teens lack the life experience which is almost as important as driving experience. Sure anyone here would've loved to own this car at 17, because all of us felt as if we were mature at said age. But that's not the argument. To make a long story short, my main concern is that when I have my son in the car, I don't want to have to worry about some kid hitting me or any other driver for that matter. The kids parents are also irresponsible in giving or helping any kid get an high horsepower vehicle like this. At least we could stick it to the parents by suing their dumbasses for their underage childrens mistakes when they crash into us.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

i bought a evo a couple months before i turned 18 and i paid for it myself. i work 60 hours a week at 3 jobs to pay for my payment and insurance. I got a 2003 with 29k miles on it for $22,000. i respect my car and it has only seen redline mabey 8 times.
Old Jul 5, 2007, 05:30 PM

Actually, my dad teaches me to respect things that I am able to get. I think that also comes from my family not having much money so when I get things that I like (like my paintball guns for instance) I take care of them. I keep reading about all these people launching their cars and treating their cars like **** and all I can do is laugh at them for doing dumb stuff like that. And I definitely know that if I ever drove like an ***hole, my dad would take the keys and cut up my license. My sister the other day was driving 5 mph over the speed limit and now she's not allowed to drive. On top of this, my dad's a certified Honda mechanic and now he's a truck driver so he sees all the stuff these young kids do and always tells me what will happen if I do the same.