Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

17 yr. old with evo

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
17 yr. old with evo

what do you guys think about this??????
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Who cares...if he/she is responsible and doesnt act like a douche then everything is fine.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

Agreed.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

got mine when i was 17
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

amen to that guys
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

i dont see 17 as a problem.....if u buy it and pay for EVERYTHING yourself.

the problem starts whe daddy pays for everything......
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWDTurbo4
i dont see 17 as a problem.....if u buy it and pay for EVERYTHING yourself.

the problem starts whe daddy pays for everything......
only with the kids that dont respect whats given to them please dont put words in others mouths. it also can come across as jealousy... and as grown *** people... its not cool to envy a 17 year old... with or without a rich family. and hey if you could afford to buy your child one wouldnt you? I'd love to be able to spoil my kids rotten as long as they can respect whats theirs. Your attitude is discouraging in that sense, however unfortunately there are lots of kids that WONT respect it so i see your side as well. just realize theres more than one kind of 17 year old.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:35 PM
Evolving Member

jealous, I wish I had one when I was 17 if they were out in the US. I had an 87 civc when I was 17.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
I just hope that the evo doesn't put the kid in the hospital or worse. I have civics and accords and eclipses and all kinds of tuners trying to race me at every chance they get. Please don't be another statistic- drive safe!!
Old Jun 12, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CasperGSR99
only with the kids that dont respect whats given to them please dont put words in others mouths.
most of them dont!

and hey if you could afford to buy your child one wouldnt you?
i could but i wont...a 17 year old with an evo and "friends" = bad combo

i have other ways to spoil my kids. an evo is not one of them.

just realize theres more than one kind of 17 year old.
u are right, but giving them an evo or any other sport car is a risky way to find out if your child is in that group.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

A lot of kids will try and do "dash board" in anything you give them so regardless in some cases, you'll be fighting a loosing battle. Neglecting a 17 year old an Evo won't necessarily save his life. My first car at 17 was a Mazda RX-7 and I can tell you this...My Evo may be a lot faster than my RX-7 was, but I could get screwed up a lot easier in the light RWD car. I'm all for anyone with a license having an Evo or any car they want if they could afford having one. Who am I to judge...Everyone is accountable for their own actions and choose which paths they want to take. If they want to be careless, then usually they will suffer the consequences. You just ahve to do your parts as parents to instill the right principles in your child and the rest is up to them. Can't protect them forever
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CasperGSR99
only with the kids that dont respect whats given to them please dont put words in others mouths. it also can come across as jealousy... and as grown *** people... its not cool to envy a 17 year old... with or without a rich family. and hey if you could afford to buy your child one wouldnt you? I'd love to be able to spoil my kids rotten as long as they can respect whats theirs. Your attitude is discouraging in that sense, however unfortunately there are lots of kids that WONT respect it so i see your side as well. just realize theres more than one kind of 17 year old.
Agreed. I'm 17 right now, and my dad has been teaching me about driving since I was 11. He started teach me to drive around 12, but he made me read and reread the rules of the road before he let me drive. He's also had a lot of racing experience and has been teaching me a lot about racing lines, counter steering, trailbraking, etc. Since I started learning about driving at such a young age, he taught me how to respect what cars can do and how to be a safe driver. It has paid off so far because I've had no accidents nor tickets of any kind. If you're buying this car for your son, I'd suggest sending him to Skip Barber or another reputable racing school and do one of their high performance driving programs to learn the fundamentals of driving and how to be a safe driver on the streets. Haha, and make a deal with your son that if you pay for the car, he has to pay you back once he gets a job. That's the deal I have with my dad
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

one more thing...why do u think a 17 year old wants an evo for? im sure it wasnt daddys idea
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

I have seen far worst...I knew of several kids when I was high school whose parents both them exotics...1 had a NSX and 2 had ferraris
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ You have only had you license one year...I hope you dont have any accidents yet I really dont think a 17yr old should be able to own a car like that...its way too fast and I see threads every day "I wrecked my evo" and most are teenagers. Im sorry but most 17yr old are not mature enough to own a car with this much power. I could only imagine what I would do with an evo at 17...probably race the cops.

Quick Reply: 17 yr. old with evo