Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Invidia O2 housing Installed. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Invidia O2 housing Installed. HELP!

I installed Invidia O2 housing 2 days ago. and i have some issue on this O2 housing. O2 senson on O2 housing doesnt fit!!!!!!!!!! i mean that o2 sensor wire is short. i found out that stock o2 housing's o2 bung faced passenser side. but Invidia o2 housing faced driver side. sigh... so, i went to local shop to fix it. the guy who work at shop did cut my o2 sensor wires and extended it with regular copper wires. T.T now.. my car throw a SES light on and it runs extremely rich. i have wideband gauge so i can read what my A/F ratio. it reads '11-12' not even boosting, just normal local driving. sigh. can anybody help me on this issue. T.T oh.. i actually didnt tune my car yet. looking for a good tuner around my area. HELP ME~
Old Mar 5, 2008, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did he disconnect the negative battery terminal to reset the ecu?
Old Mar 5, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

also how do u know he resoldered it correctly? i hope he didnt use a retarded wire tap because then i'd question how good your "shop" is. u should solder it and shield it so it doesnt melt. i bet ur not getting any signal to that o2
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

nah~ he didnt even disconnect the ecu. and no soldered neither. i already got 3 codes which is P2195, P0134, and P0171. all those codes are problems with o2 sensor.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
also how do u know he resoldered it correctly? i hope he didnt use a retarded wire tap because then i'd question how good your "shop" is. u should solder it and shield it so it doesnt melt. i bet ur not getting any signal to that o2
yep
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mifesto
it was just local repair shop. i just went to closest one around my house. and i saw him doing just cut 4 wires at once. he didnt even realized there was 4 wires and which one goes which like that.
Old Mar 5, 2008, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

so theres ur problem... he doesnt know wat he's doing. ur O2 isnt sending any signal to the ecu. also make sure whomever does it for you right will solder it, not use any lame tap.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LanEvo9MR
I installed Invidia O2 housing 2 days ago. and i have some issue on this O2 housing. O2 senson on O2 housing doesnt fit!!!!!!!!!! i mean that o2 sensor wire is short. i found out that stock o2 housing's o2 bung faced passenser side. but Invidia o2 housing faced driver side. sigh... so, i went to local shop to fix it. the guy who work at shop did cut my o2 sensor wires and extended it with regular copper wires. T.T now.. my car throw a SES light on and it runs extremely rich. i have wideband gauge so i can read what my A/F ratio. it reads '11-12' not even boosting, just normal local driving. sigh. can anybody help me on this issue. T.T oh.. i actually didnt tune my car yet. looking for a good tuner around my area. HELP ME~

I just bought a Megan 02 housing and havent installed it yet. Is the invidia much bigger than the MEgan? I wonder if this is going to be a pain in the *** to install. I wonder if the megan needs a longer 02 sensor wire? wtf
Old Apr 12, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YzBrad99
I just bought a Megan 02 housing and havent installed it yet. Is the invidia much bigger than the MEgan? I wonder if this is going to be a pain in the *** to install. I wonder if the megan needs a longer 02 sensor wire? wtf
The megan o2 housing keeps the o2 sensor in the stock location so there is no need to modify the sensor wire. As for the invidia being bigger than the megan i believe the outlet is bigger but it actually makes less horsepower than the megan o2 housing. here is a good thread started by buschur testing the ebay o2, invidia, and works https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=208826