Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New To Evos-tranferred From Subys!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeedJunkyz
^^^Hence the reason why he left the Subie forum in the first place.^^^

I would like everyone to really think about, or if you have to..... look it up, about all the professional racers out there now. Think about when they started racing, when they actually got behind that wheel, and when they actually learned what it takes. As a matter of fact I think that guy should buy one as soon as he can drive, if he wrecks it..... guess what? LESSON LEARNED on his behalf....... You can not go through life tip toeing around things because you or someone else thinks you can't do it. By God! Buy that Evo you want, pose like Capt. Morgan on the rear bumper, and Give that car hell (in a closed atmosphere, I.e. race track).

In all reality I have found Evo owners to be a bunch of smarta$$'s, I have had more Subie owners wave at me than I have had Evo owners. Take everything everyone says with a grain of salt, utilize the info you find helpful, and throw the rest in the back of you mind. If you need any tips on Evo's please feel free to PM me, Im no expert but i have been driving them for sometime now. And I have installed my own clutch
^^^^Hence the irrationality of Mankind......
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

God damn you guys are all idiots. You make fun of allison for her grammar, but at least she read the op's post. He clearly states he wants something to learn on and then plans on getting an Evo in 3-5 years. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what you guys are saying he should do too?

I had our (my dad's and my) S2000 when I was 16, one week after getting my license I did my first autox in it. 2 years later (and lots of autocrosses) I got the Evo. A few weeks after that and I was at my first track event. After I graduated college (21) I finally sold the Evo and bought the Porsche. I've done a few track events with it too. I've been in one accident with the S2000 because of snow, I have not even been close to accidents since then (dodging orange cones ftmfw!) and our drivers are idiots, I had a camaro spin on the freeway right next to me and I managed to avoid him.

Like everyone else has said in their own little way, its all about experience, chances are: yes, you will damage your first car in one way or another. I burned up our clutch on the S2k too. So you might as well get something cheap to learn on. But once you learn, don't hold back.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah well life is to short to worry about Mankind , we won't even be alive when mankind is jeopardized buy racing in a closed atmosphere. Notice how I was standing up for what you guys were trying to say, at the same time giving this Cat some hope. All I am saying is lets be that Friendly community he looks for and claims to be true.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
God damn you guys are all idiots. You make fun of allison for her grammar, but at least she read the op's post. He clearly states he wants something to learn on and then plans on getting an Evo in 3-5 years. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what you guys are saying he should do too?

I had our (my dad's and my) S2000 when I was 16, one week after getting my license I did my first autox in it. 2 years later (and lots of autocrosses) I got the Evo. A few weeks after that and I was at my first track event. After I graduated college (21) I finally sold the Evo and bought the Porsche. I've done a few track events with it too. I've been in one accident with the S2000 because of snow, I have not even been close to accidents since then (dodging orange cones ftmfw!) and our drivers are idiots, I had a camaro spin on the freeway right next to me and I managed to avoid him.

Like everyone else has said in their own little way, its all about experience, chances are: yes, you will damage your first car in one way or another. I burned up our clutch on the S2k too. So you might as well get something cheap to learn on. But once you learn, don't hold back.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:58 AM

God damn you guys are all idiots.
Well..........that doesn't exactly portray you as an intellect either...

chances are: yes, you will damage your first car in one way or another.
Chances are a 16yo with an EVO is going to wreck it plain and simple. There is a given portion of new drivers who drive very safe; with that said, the majority of them percieve it as a venue to freedom and partying not respecting the responsibility that comes with driving. Most of us have been driving for years and I think alot of you (even I have for the most part) forget how overwhelming driving can be at that age. Just knowing when to use my turn signal was a job in itself when I first started. I can't imagine starting off with something as powerful as an EVO.

Last edited by 12oclock; Jun 6, 2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 12oclock

Chances are a 16yo with an EVO is going to wreck it plain and simple. There is a given portion of new drivers who drive very safe; with that said, the majority of them percieve it as a venue to freedom and partying not respecting the responsibility that comes with driving. Most of us have been driving for years and I think alot of you (even I have for the most part) forget how overwhelming driving can be at that age. Just knowing when to use my turn signal was a job in itself when I first started. I can't imagine starting off with something as powerful as an EVO.

Why do you keep editing you posts?

Most of the Male sex is portrayed as the aggressor in most relationships, that doesn't mean You or I are going to beat down our next women lol. That being said most 16yo's are portrayed as idiotic drivers, that doesn't mean this guy will, which doesn't mean we should shunned him from his dreams.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome, and good thinking my friend. At least I can tell you have a mature thinkings, knows what good and what's not good for your age. The Car like Evo gives you the urge to get on it and race other cars, you can't help it, it's the nature of the car. I already wrecked one when I was 24, now I am 28 with my second evo. Sometimes I still drive aggressively. You maybe more mature than avg kids your age, but wait a little, buy a GSX first.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Do we even know where to find a good GSX, I want one bad lol.... I love those cars.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:46 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
I would like everyone to really think about, or if you have to..... look it up, about all the professional racers out there now. Think about when they started racing, when they actually got behind that wheel, and when they actually learned what it takes. As a matter of fact I think that guy should buy one as soon as he can drive, if he wrecks it..... guess what? LESSON LEARNED on his behalf....... You can not go through life tip toeing around things because you or someone else thinks you can't do it. By God! Buy that Evo you want, pose like Capt. Morgan on the rear bumper, and Give that car hell (in a closed atmosphere, I.e. race track).
While I agree with you that people should start driving as soon as possible... you don't stick them on the most powerful machine. I've seen more people get hurt from getting on too big of a dirt bike too early than anything else. You don't take a kid and stick him on a 450 when the 250 will work just fine for him to get the basics down. The same goes for cars. Lesson learned? Sure if he isn't driving out on the road with the rest of us. But there ARE LIVES at stake here. You don't know this kid. All we know is he's a starry eyed kid that just got down watching fast and the furious and wants to be a street racer (no offense to anyone).

If you can get an evo, get one. But have another car to learn in first please. Look at travis pastrana. Of course this is an exception to my rule kind of. The kid had major mechanics down of MX, had a racing mentality, spent countless hours driving his WRX at the compound before he was old enough to drive it on the road, and he still almost killed his best friend in a corvette from being careless.

I for one would like to know the next Evo, or STI, or Mustang, or W/E fast car driver next to me knows how to handle it. Because I would be very upset if that person caused a wreck and took me out in the process from not knowing how to handle the car.

I don't think we're asking for much, just a bit of experience before he hops in an Evo. But it looks like that's the direction he's heading.

And I do completely disagree with you about every Evo driver being young asses... most the drivers i've met in Oregon are over 30, myself being 26. They have been so helpful with me... I love the community to where I want to start a Lancer club in the Willamette Valley again.

The op has the right idea. And it never hurts to go to your local track and get some track time to learn you car / driving. Just remember to be safe and the rest will follow in time

Last edited by migs647; Jun 6, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:57 AM

Why do you keep editing you posts?
It's called "revision".
Old Jun 6, 2008, 02:51 PM

I am in the same situation being 16 and getting a evo at the end of the summer. Yes I agree that he should learn on something easier but if the evo is really what he wants than I believe he should have it but he just needs to understand that he cant run the car to its limits which is most likely way beyond his limits. I learned stick on a 400hp 300zx as my first car and I made my stupid mistakes but thats why it was the first car, it was to learn your limits and learn yourself in a way. So I think that even though he is young he should still be able to get his evo knowing that he will have to be responsible with it when alone and around others who would try to pressure him into making a mistake.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

I haven't seen a paragraph that fragmented since I was in 3rd grade, that's what's wrong with it. Here's a tip: commas and semi-colons are your friends
Wow, you really are a tool. Do you think people try to type all correct on a car forum? Is this a college writting class? I think not. Stop being a **** and grow up.

No one cares what you can imagine starting off in.

It's called "revision".
Here we go again.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by importjake00
Wow, you really are a tool. Do you think people try to type all correct on a car forum? Is this a college writting class? I think not. Stop being a **** and grow up.

No one cares what you can imagine starting off in.

Here we go again.

Last edited by 12oclock; Jun 6, 2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by chrisEVO16
I am in the same situation being 16 and getting a evo at the end of the summer. Yes I agree that he should learn on something easier but if the evo is really what he wants than I believe he should have it but he just needs to understand that he cant run the car to its limits which is most likely way beyond his limits. I learned stick on a 400hp 300zx as my first car and I made my stupid mistakes but thats why it was the first car, it was to learn your limits and learn yourself in a way. So I think that even though he is young he should still be able to get his evo knowing that he will have to be responsible with it when alone and around others who would try to pressure him into making a mistake.
THANX MAN!!! Im heading for the top of my class (class of 2011) and im one of the most responsible in my class as well. My mom has taught me so much when it comes to being responsible and irresponsible. I think I will get an EVO and do like you said and learn my limits. Ill just ask my mom to buy me a 500 dollar civic or something to practice in on the weekends while i drive my EVO every other day.
Old Jun 7, 2008, 07:27 AM

ZAT trust us on this one, first buy a GSX (The green car in the fast and the furious), it's basically the same as an Evo but much cheaper and not as much ponies. Learn the basics of driving an AWD turbocharged car, master the clutch, drive with caution. All these things are to help you out not to down you, if you start now in 3 years you'll definitely be ready for the Evo XI, =D.

Quick Reply: New To Evos-tranferred From Subys!!!