Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

New To Evos-tranferred From Subys!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ZATcarkid
That sounds like a good plan!!! de-tune it and bring the boost up every year that i drive it!!! i cant believe that i never thought of that before!!! LOL now i feel dumb
Please tell me this isn't a serious response. If it is, then stay FAR away from any reasonably fast car. If you feel you can't control yourself or be responsible with a stock Evo, then mechanically de-tuning it is not going to help you.

You first need to understand that age does not equate to responsibility. I know plenty of people that are in their upper 20s and lower 30s that drive like absolute ****heads in their cars. I'm 22 and have never been in an accident or had a ticket - ever. I've never even been pulled over. I got my license as soon as I turned 16 and the car I bought with my own money six months later was a 280whp MR2 Turbo. It's much faster than a stock Evo in a straight line, and was downright scary going around corners. I even drove it through an Ohio winter - not the most pleasant experience of my life, but it survived in one piece.

You know how I was able to do that? I drive like a little old lady most of the time. Yeah, it's fun to mess around on the street and all, but you need to understand when you need to restrain yourself. Even if you don't buy the car for another couple years... when that time comes, you have to know for sure that you can be smart behind the wheel.
Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by spool_sample
Please tell me this isn't a serious response. If it is, then stay FAR away from any reasonably fast car. If you feel you can't control yourself or be responsible with a stock Evo, then mechanically de-tuning it is not going to help you.

You first need to understand that age does not equate to responsibility. I know plenty of people that are in their upper 20s and lower 30s that drive like absolute ****heads in their cars. I'm 22 and have never been in an accident or had a ticket - ever. I've never even been pulled over. I got my license as soon as I turned 16 and the car I bought with my own money six months later was a 280whp MR2 Turbo. It's much faster than a stock Evo in a straight line, and was downright scary going around corners. I even drove it through an Ohio winter - not the most pleasant experience of my life, but it survived in one piece.

You know how I was able to do that? I drive like a little old lady most of the time. Yeah, it's fun to mess around on the street and all, but you need to understand when you need to restrain yourself. Even if you don't buy the car for another couple years... when that time comes, you have to know for sure that you can be smart behind the wheel.
I know i can be responsible behind the wheel, THATS WHAT IVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE!!! They just dont believe me because Im young or whatever. It really makes me mad. LOL I even tell my mom when shes being a bad driver LOL
Old Apr 18, 2009, 07:34 PM

IDK. I really dont even care what car I get for my first car anymore after getting all this crap about "youre too young to think about evos" and da da da da da. I saw a nice Mitsubishi Starion on Modified Car Trader . com for like 3K that caught my attention. LOL
Old Apr 18, 2009, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheBlueBlur
Wouldn't you actually have to own a Suby first to transfer from it?

and there is no way in hell a 15 year old can handle a car like an Evo as their first. They have no driving experience, and are stupid and impressionable by their friends. The Evo has crazy limits, so you are pretty much guaranteed to die if you cross them.

The only way my son would get a car like this would be if he was Louis Hamilton.

I had just turned 16 when I got the evo.
Im still 16, haha.

Its not crazy fast not when stock anyways.
Old Apr 19, 2009, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by streetracerkam

I had just turned 16 when I got the evo.
Im still 16, haha.

Its not crazy fast not when stock anyways.
Are you on YouTube??? I replied to a comment like this on YouTube. My reply was, "You're my IDOL!!!" LOL if thats you, add me as a friend!!! LOL