Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Should I buy an extended warranty through Mitsu for my used EVO?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I buy an extended warranty through Mitsu for my used EVO?

Here is the deal. The car has 20,300 on it right now. It's covered until 60,000 or Jan 31 2010. Whatever comes first. I know the date will come first as I don't drive that much. I can get a 5 year 75,000 Warranty starting today (Since I have 18 months left on factory warranty, the price is cheaper on the warranty) bumper to bumper for like $1250 with tax. Before you start saying Mitsubishi Warranties suck, I'm not modding my car. No intake or suspension work. I'm keeping it stock. Is it worth it to buy? I'd hate to do this and then there is hidden stipulations that would make me pay labor anyway. I had nothing but bad luck with a 3000GT years ago so this time around it's the reason I'm looking into the Warranty in the first place. Thanks for any advice or info.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you plan to do absolutely nothing to the car go for it. If you think you might change something as little as a shorty antena don't waste your money.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

+1 ^^ You really should consider the fact that if you dont plan to mod anything, or keep it for a long period of time, ie. at least to the warranty date, then why not purchase the warranty. MAke sure you read what Mitsubishi says is actually covered and under what conditions, you might be surprised.

Good luck either way. Try not to justify why you need it, but rather why not. It usually makes your choice much easier.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:34 AM

I agree. Make sure you read what is and isn't covered.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

that extended warranty is NOT bumper to bumper throught mitsubishi. its similar bumper to bumper but not really true.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by PedroMartinez
that extended warranty is NOT bumper to bumper throught mitsubishi. its similar bumper to bumper but not really true.
You're THE PEDRO MARTINEZ???

Last edited by nawaz; Jul 21, 2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:27 AM
Evolving Member

I'm going to hold off for now. My thoughts at this time are that I have 18 months left on the factory warranty. Hopefully I don't have problems, but if I do I can test the waters and see if Mitsubishi plays games or not. If I have no problems I'll just have to decide with a higher warranty cost later in the game. OR (what most people would do) since I'll be pretty close to paying it off maybe I'll just mod the F outta her. Thanks for the replies.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 05:39 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would buy the 7 year, 100,000 mile warranty if you want to keep the evo for a long time. If you plan to trade it in, then don't bother. Parts for the evo are already pricey and in the long run it will pay off. Just check what is covered in their aftermarket warranty.
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
you know before the warranty expires you can still purchase an extended warranty.
you have time to decide like 17 months
Old Jul 23, 2008, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

i personally think warranty for an evo is a waste of money and time. mistu dealers wont even fix the damn car if you have an intake. lol.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 03:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by kim.ry
i personally think warranty for an evo is a waste of money and time. mistu dealers wont even fix the damn car if you have an intake. lol.
when i had my vr-4 i had an extended warranty from a other warranty company, they covered everything and every mod.

ps my geico insurance has an extended warranty that also covers anything my dealer wont