Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

what kind of EVO do i want?!?!?!?<helpme>

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kind of EVO do i want?!?!?!?<helpme>

ok so there are a few different variants of EVOS and i dont know all the details. Im on my first Mitsu(08 GTS) and am looking to get a AWD upgrade! for one, i absolutely love my car. its slow, but its got handles, the interior is nice and i just like it. But im a tuner at heart and i know this car will never live up to my expectations. but like i was saying, i know that the RS is the bare bones version & that the MR is the most upgraded, but im not sure if i want an 8, 9, or 9 MR or what. not a X tho.

i want, power windows, a radio, sunroof would be nice but not a must, (did these cars have S&S?). i will be using it as a DD, and id like to be able to take it to the drag strip or to the track if i wanted. it definately wont be a track *****, just something that is all around a good performer.

what model do you guys think will suit my needs???

thanks!!!
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

IX SSL. Sunroof, power everything, interior is nicer (leather) than the others. I'd say it is ideal for daily driving as far as an Evo goes.

The real question is, if you have an 08 GTS which may or may not be paid for already, why are you already looking for something new (or older as you don't want an X)?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

imo if your not building a car going over 5 or 600hp go for a 9. Because it has a bigger hotside, mivec, tc cases, and takes mods better than the 8's do. I myself am not a fan of sixspeeds so i opted for the 5spd gsr evo9 with ssl. It's red , its an evo, it has leather , a sunroof, and runs mid to low 12's of basic bolt ons what more can you ask for?
Old Sep 2, 2008, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
imo if your not building a car going over 5 or 600hp go for a 9. Because it has a bigger hotside, mivec, tc cases, and takes mods better than the 8's do. I myself am not a fan of sixspeeds so i opted for the 5spd gsr evo9 with ssl. It's red , its an evo, it has leather , a sunroof, and runs mid to low 12's of basic bolt ons what more can you ask for?
i definately wouldnt mind Red! thanks for the opinion. and that sounds like what im lookin for. leather is good! 5 or 6 speed doesnt matter to me. is one better than the other?
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:04 AM

I would go for either 04 evo 8 and up because it's cheaper takes mods pretty well atleast mine did or a evo 9. Make sure you pick the gsr 5speed. The 8's have a slighly longer 4th gear than the 9. I would personally go for the eight because you can get it cheaper. Mods for Mods they're about the same it's all comes down to what mods you do and how well they work together. The 9 comes with mivec, slightly bigger turbo with no surge. You can remedy that by buying a 9 turbo add Hks street cams and now it's better.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:08 AM

The 5 speed is stronger than the 6 speed. If you're gonna do some launches the 5 speed hold up alot better.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 01:15 AM
Evolving Member

you guys are awesome thanks for the info
Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTS_Rob
i definately wouldnt mind Red! thanks for the opinion. and that sounds like what im lookin for. leather is good! 5 or 6 speed doesnt matter to me. is one better than the other?
to answer you question yes some people do have trouble with the 6 spds and drag racing, the 6 speeds also require different tranny fluids i believe. I use redline mt-90 for my 5 spd tranny and it works great.
Old Sep 3, 2008, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by red evo8
Isn't the hotside in the 9 the same as in the 05' Evo 8? I have a 05' SSL and I believe the hotside is 10.5 but I could be wrong.