Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Why are there so many Evo Xs for sale...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are there so many Evo Xs for sale...

Check it out on Auto Trader... Is it because people can't afford it or what?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:52 AM

im assuming alot of people lost thier jobs or were cut back. i know i lost a day (almost 2)every pay check. although i did buy my Evo when the economy was horrible and got an amazing deal.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My guess in no order:

1. cannot afford it
2. Mileage
3. Noiser than they thought
4. need an SUV for new family member
5. got a great deal on a XXXXXXX
6. Seats to narrow for some
7. Lost Job

Just guessing...

I LOVE mine, have 35k on her and still LOVE it!!!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:56 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 346 Likes on 262 Posts
Isn't it obvious? it's because people want to buy an evo ix! J/k It very well may be the position of the economy right now, the evo X is not a cheap car at all.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:56 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeap, when people can't afford it, have other financial problems, buying a home - having a mortgage, having Kid(s), etc.
So i think those problems where it comes into play. \:

And maintaining the evo isn't cheap either. :X
All evo owners know how that **** is. It gets very expensive, especially if you're paying insurance, modding, and filling up all at the same time, haha.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 11:59 AM
Evolving Member

As far as i know, evo x is a lot of evo owner's first evo. owners did not expect the maintenance cost, insurance, gas economy etc.. Also many people lost their jobs in the past year. It is difficult, but hey, what can they do?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too many people that can barely afford these cars buy them. Sure you may be able to barely meet the monthly payments but once you add up car insurance and gas guzzler fuel costs they become more expensive to operate compared to the average car like an Accord or Civic.

Throw in a horrible economy and people losing their jobs or taking paycuts and these cars aren't going to be attainable for a lot of people.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:03 PM

Wowww...Okay, now you guys are makin' me nervous over here hahahaaaa! Quick, gimme some great reasons why I should get one!!!

Thanks for the infooo!
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Why are people here assuming that a disproportionate amount of EVOs are being offloaded vs. other cars?

I think we are reading into something that doesn't exist. There are way more 335's being sold on that site than evos. I know that BMW sell many more 335's than mitsu sells EVO's but, unless we have some sort of vehicles sold vs vehicles bought ratio calculator, we really cant say that EVOs are being sold at a rate that other cars aren't. I don't see an issue.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AlvoMaestro
Wowww...Okay, now you guys are makin' me nervous over here hahahaaaa! Quick, gimme some great reasons why I should get one!!!

Thanks for the infooo!
I traded in my 04 Mazda 6i for the X...you should follow in my footsteps.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your not willing to pay to play don't bother buying a Evo X or any Evo in general. That is why there is so much Evo in the used market
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spoonie
Why are people here assuming that a disproportionate amount of EVOs are being offloaded vs. other cars?

I think we are reading into something that doesn't exist. There are way more 335's being sold on that site than evos. I know that BMW sell many more 335's than mitsu sells EVO's but, unless we have some sort of vehicles sold vs vehicles bought ratio calculator, we really cant say that EVOs are being sold at a rate that other cars aren't. I don't see an issue.
yea but compared to STIs there are a lot more Evos for sale
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mj23foreva
yea but compared to STIs there are a lot more Evos for sale
Evo X goes after a much broader audience than the STI. The 2 cars aren't as alike as previous generations. People who buy STI's know what they are getting into. Not so with the EVO X. Mitsu Marketed the EVOX to BMW owners. So you can expect more of them being off-loaded because the EVO isn't a BMW. The STI doesn't have that problem.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AlvoMaestro

Thanks for the infooo!
#1 Because it's an Evo!

#2 Because Evo's kick a$$!

#3 Because lot's of people are off loading them right now so the market is soft and you might be able to get a good price!

#4 Because you are a dedicated gear head who promises to heavily modify your Evo X and post crazy threads with dyno results, time slips, and modifications so that other Evo owners can say stuff like "Niiiiice!".

#5 Because once you blow up your engine you can rebuild it and make your Evo stronger and faster than ever.

#6 Because you have a back up car for when the Evo goes down due to a bad install, bad tune, or other mechanical failure.

#7 Because you can afford to do all of these things, and pay for insurance, and pay for gas, and pay for maintenance.

I on the other hand can do very few of these things, so I bought the Ralliart.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 12:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i love my evo but i need and suv now,family got bigger!!

Quick Reply: Why are there so many Evo Xs for sale...