Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

How to take care of your Transfer case?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
I have the evo 9 service manual, and it does not mention one bit about any TC bleeding procedure, it just says to drain old fluid, pour new one in until full and done. No bleeding at all, not on the Mitsubishi Evo 9 service manual.
I've got the same and I looked this up. 4 master techs confirmed and had the same look on their faces as I did when I read it

next we'll be told we can milk a cat....

this at this point is either a joke (see above statement) or we're talking about an ACD pump thats needing to be bled
Old Sep 22, 2010, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys for the info. I don't like to start a debate, but I'm pretty sure bleeding is required to ensure no air (bubbles) is still remaining in the TC piping.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 04:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BRN-EVO
Thanks guys for the info. I don't like to start a debate, but I'm pretty sure bleeding is required to ensure no air (bubbles) is still remaining in the TC piping.
Did you not see the page from the FSM I posted?
Old Sep 23, 2010, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Again.. no "piping" in a TC.... ACD pump yes.. TC no... so you MUST be talking about your ACD... if not.... god help us and your car
(this has been a posting of constructive critisism.. if you don't like it.. welcome to the interweb)
Old Sep 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
like I said earlier, pretty soon someone will sugest we should "bleed" the engine after an oil change ....
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evoardo IX
like I said earlier, pretty soon someone will sugest we should "bleed" the engine after an oil change ....
well I "bleed" mine.. pretty nasty bleeder when ya remove the drain plug
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

hahah this is kinda funny, ive never head of bleeding a TC?? lol make a video or something lol
Old Sep 23, 2010, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

ive never heard of anyone bleeding a transfer case and I also never bled mine. Im not too sure where yall are getting to about bleeding a transfer case....I thought it was just like changing the oil drain and refill!!!!
Old Sep 28, 2010, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
Again.. no "piping" in a TC.... ACD pump yes.. TC no... so you MUST be talking about your ACD... if not.... god help us and your car
(this has been a posting of constructive critisism.. if you don't like it.. welcome to the interweb)
Sorry my bad, I meant the ACD pump. The point of this thread my friend is to help Evo owners (including me) to have a better idea about the TC issues and what can be done to prevent them.
Old Sep 29, 2010, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry my bad, I meant the ACD pump. The point of this thread my friend is to help Evo owners (including me) to have a better idea about the TC issues and what can be done to prevent them.
And you have been given said better understanding.. even someone posted the service manual in regards to it.
If you want the Tcase to last a long time.. routinely check on the fluid level and color, don't do AWD donuts and if you "feel" wheel hop from a launch get out of it immediately... follow these simple steps and you might have chance to get it past 50K
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

EVO X user manual says to bleed the TC so thats a valid question for the 9 MR.

welcome to interwebz
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Karass
EVO X user manual says to bleed the TC so thats a valid question for the 9 MR.

welcome to interwebz
Bc the EVO X is SUCH a similar platform to the EVO 9....
Do your research junior... They are very different and a service manual for the 8 and 9 clearly state NO BLEEDING of the TC.
Or are you saying that the EVO x and 9 are very similar and that the x service manual coorelates to the 9?

Last edited by EvoVIIIFL; Oct 3, 2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 08:59 PM
Account Disabled

Agreed diaqueen is great and so is redline heavy shock fluid but the man factor here is wheel hop it will destroy any tc no matter what fluid is used!!!
Old Oct 4, 2010, 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

Bc the EVO X is SUCH a similar platform to the EVO 9....
Do your research junior... They are very different and a service manual for the 8 and 9 clearly state NO BLEEDING of the TC.
Or are you saying that the EVO x and 9 are very similar and that the x service manual coorelates to the 9?
Im just saying its a valid question to anyone who's not a mechanic. Not everyone is a tech master chief like you.
Old Oct 5, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

aside from the confusion about bleedin the tc, lol, this has been a somewhat informative thread. let's hope after I get my evo back from shep trans that the tc has not gone bad either. I didn't hear any whining so possibly good news? either way the tc, and rear diff fluids are getting replaced when the new tranny gets thrown in.