Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Howdy y'all

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2011, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Howdy y'all

So this would be my first post ever on this forum, been just kind of lurking to see what goes on in this forum. Well anyways so probably like many others before me I have also decided to get out of the Honda game and move on to bigger and better things.

My names Glen and im 28. I spent 10 long years building up my 01 Civic ex to a 13 second "super car." Granted i could never get my 60 ft below 2.3 lol. FWD is a SOB! It made 277WHp @ 8300 RPM and 201ft. tq @6500. Fastest I ever ran in it was a 13.3 @ a106.3mph w/2.43 60ft. It was my fun little DD and I think I got all I could out of it. lol.

Anyways bout a month ago I totaled it, and have been parting it out getting some of the money I put into it back. But after dragging and auto-xing for a while I've learned that FWD is not suitable to meet my wants and desires. I can remember getting destroyed in SSM *auto-x* by evo's. And keeping up with un-tuned Evo's on the drag (granted im assuming driver mod was not involved lol.) Currently im looking in to Evo VIII's and IX''s and just plan on trolling around for a bit and doing some more research before I really make up my mind.

Just a couple vids of the car:

YouTube - My Honda Civics 13.5@107.2 Run
YouTube - Dyno pull to 7000
YouTube - K20A EM2 flyby

Anyways looking forward to the future!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice you are definitely maturing. It is best that way that you get out of the civic game and let the next coming generation deal with it. I notice it is all like a life cycle when I began growing out of the honda phase it was easier for me personally. Less harassment from cops to a certain extent lol. But as we get older we have to think about our own self-detachment its kind of like becoming ex's from an old girlfriend times were good times were bad but its time for bigger and better things.
Old Feb 14, 2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by impact blue
Very nice you are definitely maturing. It is best that way that you get out of the civic game and let the next coming generation deal with it. I notice it is all like a life cycle when I began growing out of the honda phase it was easier for me personally. Less harassment from cops to a certain extent lol. But as we get older we have to think about our own self-detachment its kind of like becoming ex's from an old girlfriend times were good times were bad but its time for bigger and better things.
Guess they why they call it "evolution" lol

I just figure this will be a lot better platform to do what ever I feel like doing lol. Granted it will take a little getting use to new terms instead of saying vtec and what not lol
Old Feb 14, 2011, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

I've owned my EVO 9 for about 3 months. They are amazing cars. Dollar for dollar, there is nothing that can beat it. With just a few mods they can do anything well - autocross, road race, drag, you name it. Now go buy one....