Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Funny/stupid things people say/ask about your Evo!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2012, 11:20 PM
AFD
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FranHaus
azz
Originally Posted by FranHaus
sgvd
You okay?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jzielke6289
currently deployed in the Marine Corps, my car was at my buddies house parked on the street and it got hit. Tow company sent by my insurance came with a regular tow truck instead of a flatbed. Told them it was AWD guess they didnt understand. Guy asks what do you mean you need a flatbed to tow it? you would think working for a tow company they would get it
Did you still let him tow it lol
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by snazzystang
high school kid at CVS: "nice car, my grand ma drives one of those"
me: yea ok I'm sure she does.
high school kid: some kids with mommies money
me: hey kid I'm 27 and in the military for the past 4 years i earned the money for this car so learn some respect to the random people you talk to.
high school kid: oh **** sorry i didn't know.

I have a US NAVY tag and dog tags in the rear view lol its just funny to me maybe.
Must...refrain...from...navy joke...ugh..phew!

Seriously though, get that all the time, "parents must be rich to buy you that car, huh?" Me: "Actually I've spent the last 5 years in the AirForce, and I paid for this car with the money I banked spending the last year flying combat missions in Afghanistan." They usually just sheepishly walk away at that point
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

On the topic of punk kids questioning where we get the money....

I was at a red right outside the local high school when a car pulled up and this teenaged b**ch with braces rolls down her window and says:
"How much did daddy pay for that?"
so I reply:"Nothing, how much did daddy pay for your braces?"

the look on her face was priceless.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:13 PM

I was looking for a parking spot at wal-mart and passed by a mom holding her little boy, i had my windows down and i looked over at the little kid and he said

"vroom vroom!"

thought it was cute and funny
Old Jan 9, 2012, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Jschlo4

I was at a red right outside the local high school when a car pulled up and this teenaged b**ch with braces rolls down her window and says:

Lol that is hilarious.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 04:12 PM
Evolving Member

I got pulled over for my exhuast being to loud and i had my plate in very hard to see spot. The cop comes up to me and says the bull s**t and yeah yeah. He goes back to run my stuff comes back and says what kind of car is this?
Me: Its a MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION
Cop: Ok I'll be right back.
Me: Ok officer
Cop comes back: He looks at my steering console and says what's with the Gauges?
Me: Its a boost gauge and AEM wideband, my car is turbocharged. I guess the cop knowing that Im 18 leans down and gives me the. Well when I was your age I had a honda civic with an aftermarket body kit and a loud muffler. After that happened he said Ill let you off. I said thanks and rolled the window up so I didnt lose my mind infront of him.

People who think honda civics and evos are on a similar level. Crack me up
Old Jan 9, 2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by LightningCrossZ
Must...refrain...from...navy joke...ugh..phew!

Seriously though, get that all the time, "parents must be rich to buy you that car, huh?" Me: "Actually I've spent the last 5 years in the AirForce, and I paid for this car with the money I banked spending the last year flying combat missions in Afghanistan." They usually just sheepishly walk away at that point
LOL yea. and don't worry I'm open minded i can take a joke haha
Old Jan 9, 2012, 04:50 PM

HAHAHAHAHA EPIC!!
Old Jan 9, 2012, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

If I had a hat, I'd tip it to you
Old Jan 9, 2012, 08:34 PM

The best one I got was from the dealership itself. This was when I first bought my Evo VIII. Had 4 miles on the clock, brand spankin' b*tch new...
I had already searched up on the Evo platform and found out what I needed to know, the basics.
So when I was at the dealership, I inquired about the car and holy ****..that guy effed it up so bad...jesus..and to add more irony to this awkwardly ironic situation/answer, the hood was open right infront of us.

The conversation..

Me: So what kind of engine is in it?

Sales Person: uhh, its a V6...Hey Jimmy, is this thing turbo or superchaged.

Jimmy: Its Turbo with 400hp.

Sales Person: So yea, its pretty powerful, V6 Twin Turbo 400hp and with simple parts, which you can buy through us, you can get 600hp. (I am guessing he was talking about RalliArt parts..LOL)

Me: Cool. So its pretty much like a Supra (I was going along with the stupidity that was just oozing out of this genius' mouth, with LOLs ringing in my head).

Sales Person: Its better than a Supra. Those were 4cyl turbo and they had a lot of problems, thats why they discontinued them.

Me: Wow! Never knew that. So is this AWD?

Sales Person: I think so. And have you seen the interior. Those seats are from Ferrari's.

Me: Ok. You have been a great help. Thanks. LOL and walked away and to the next dealership.

**Came back the next day and thank god the idiot wasn't there and bought the car through someone else.**
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AFD
Seriously? I tend to freak out when anyone touches my car..

once had an old guy that just randomly decided to use my spoiler to lean on while fixing his shoe.. bought the car brand new only a month before, so I had to yell at him for that, lol.
lmao i mean it wasn't damaging the car in any way and it was dirty so I wasn't too worried.. he seemed amazed though.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lncrevoviii
The best one I got was from the dealership itself. This was when I first bought my Evo VIII. Had 4 miles on the clock, brand spankin' b*tch new...
I had already searched up on the Evo platform and found out what I needed to know, the basics.
So when I was at the dealership, I inquired about the car and holy ****..that guy effed it up so bad...jesus..and to add more irony to this awkwardly ironic situation/answer, the hood was open right infront of us.

The conversation..

Me: So what kind of engine is in it?

Sales Person: uhh, its a V6...Hey Jimmy, is this thing turbo or superchaged.

Jimmy: Its Turbo with 400hp.

Sales Person: So yea, its pretty powerful, V6 Twin Turbo 400hp and with simple parts, which you can buy through us, you can get 600hp. (I am guessing he was talking about RalliArt parts..LOL)

Me: Cool. So its pretty much like a Supra (I was going along with the stupidity that was just oozing out of this genius' mouth, with LOLs ringing in my head).

Sales Person: Its better than a Supra. Those were 4cyl turbo and they had a lot of problems, thats why they discontinued them.

Me: Wow! Never knew that. So is this AWD?

Sales Person: I think so. And have you seen the interior. Those seats are from Ferrari's.

Me: Ok. You have been a great help. Thanks. LOL and walked away and to the next dealership.

**Came back the next day and thank god the idiot wasn't there and bought the car through someone else.**
I didn't buy my car from a Mitsubishi dealership, but I've seen a lot of similar stories to yours in this thread. How can a company that manufactures cars not have knowledgeable people to sell them or at least know what they are? I guess they are all "specialized" in Galants and whatever else mitsu makes

I still have yet to go to a dealership, although I need to to get some oil filters, but I just don't get it - blows my mind.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by snazzystang
LOL yea. and don't worry I'm open minded i can take a joke haha
lol, actually I don't rag on the other services too much. I work joint ops so every time I'm in the air I'm talking with navy/af/army usually while overwatching army/marines/joint sof/and the af jtac that's embedded with them. But I am a little bitter that the navy equiv of what i do get to hang out in hawaii while i'm stuck in nebraska
Old Jan 10, 2012, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Many years ago when I bought my Evo VII, I had no idea where to start. I decided to take it to the dealership to have it inspected. They took one good look at my car and told me that they have never seen that type of car. He proceeded to look up the VIN and came back with, "I can't find it in the database. By the looks of it, I'd say it is a Mirage that someone spent a lot of money upgrading!"

I drove away. For the following few months, every dealership pretty much told me the same thing.

When I moved to Germany, I was in luck! Those mechanics not only recognized it right away, they had one in the garage getting work done to it!

I was a total newb taking it to an American Mitsubishi dealer. Never again.

Last edited by HISEVO7; Jan 11, 2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: typo correction