Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

new and need help

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2011, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
new and need help

Whats going on everybody uh gota few questions so if anyone wants to help id appreciate it

So heres the run dow went out and bought myself a 03 from a friend of a freind car has full cwest bodybkit and 20k on the clock and is crazy clean wit 6 defi gauges mounted on dash n left pillar i love how it looks engine wise its ported n polished hks 264 cams greddy front mount hks ssq bov hks intake pipe and intercooler pipeing exedy six puck clutxh arc air box full 3" cat back theres prob some lil stuff im forgeting but thats what i can rember as of now jus got the car maybe 5 days ago..

question/problem #1 the car when thrown into neutral or i push the clutch in for to long rpms shoot to like 100 or it just stallls ive been doing my homework read about the bov VTA or however uyou properly say that so i bought a recirc kit waitin for it to come in hopeing that fixes the stalling problem jus lookin for reinsurance in my plan for that or if somone went threw the same thing as me and took the same root to repair it.

Question/problem#2 my service light came on day after i bought the car went to autozone n used the scanner and it came back as cylinder backfire for faulty feul system or vacuum leak i checked all my hoses and all the tubes were zip tied down very loosly and the hoses would pull off if lightly yanked bought metal clamps tightened everything and cleared the light stayed off for 2 days and today i was merging on to the free way gettin on it alittle n missed 3rd n reved it to prob like 8000 for like a second then knoticed n threw it into 3rd instally light poped back up im confused ahaha any idea why the lights on i know its hard to know without phsically looking at the car but if u got an idea let me know.

Question/problem#3 this is kind of a stupid one but thought i might as well put it up while im posting my one defi guage the water temp to be exzact went crazy on me the other day red lineing for the whole day but it was flucuating like crazy n they beep when they red line ( i was hearing the beeep in classs rediclously annoying ) today it was working fine anyone had problems with defi before the amber modle to be specific let me know i figure just a short somwere probaly going to bring it to my car sterio place n have then check everything

If i didnt use the right term for somtjing or spelt a little wrong here amd there (posted from my smartphone)please dont dog me out for it ive seen ppl give some ppl on here a hard time for sounding stupid but thats what im on here for im new to all this im learning more and more as i go and im just looking for second opinons or better advice on what to do. Thanks
Old Sep 23, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Depending on your tune and who.

I don't VTA but some people here do. Shoot, just go speed density if anything.

The gauges could be a sender/controller issue, hard to diag if car is not in front of me.

But, the real question is... If you buddy is a good friend, why didn't he fix this stuff before selling to you?

Bring it to IVEY if you are close to them to have them look at it.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:05 AM

The dude i got the car from is a freind of MY freind i never knew him b4 this he told me bout the defi but never bout the light n when.i brought it up wit him he said he never had it come up witch i find a little sketchy cause one day of drivin n it came up im definatley guna bring it to that shop im up in the linden area for work everyother weekend so its not really going out of the way
Old Sep 24, 2011, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh okay, yeah. good luck.

I hate it when guys sell stuff and say it never happened to them...

If you get it sorted out and can come up North, you are welcome to the OCT.2 BBQ @ Bear MNT.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 02:47 PM

Cool man appreciate it