Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

MSRP on MR?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2004, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Post MSRP on MR?

I read that Mitsu GMs would be getting the MSRP today, anyone know what it is? I'm also curious to know how much they actually go for. That way I can decide between a 05 GSR and an STi. Those STi are starting to look better for the money, if infact the MR goes for $34,900 ...... Please post only if you have confirmed info from the dealership (aka stealership)....
Old Sep 7, 2004, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Come people someone must have heard it from the rhetorical "horse's mouth" ....... anyone?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
Those STi are starting to look better for the money
This looks better??

Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

It looks like he is heading in to the wate ! That is funny....
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by talalhz
It looks like he is heading in to the wate ! That is funny....
For wheel Ali G
Old Sep 7, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wha happend to that sti? lol

looks likke taiwan in that pic?
Old Sep 7, 2004, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

get back on topic.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

There are about 8 other threads covering this topic...Noone will know until the first MR hits the US shore. Once they hit the US dealers then the MSRP will be out. Until then, not even the dealers know.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

LOL! niiiiiceee .... hey wait a minute are you saying the STi and the Landcruiser are having a tug-o-war!?! and what's that? its stale-mate? haha ... still, that could happen to any car .... but don't forget the STi can tow a max of 2000lb and the EVO has no towing capacity... the reason I say starting to look better is because:
a) if the MR goes for ~$35K then the STi is $5K cheaper....
b) has climate control
c) has cruise control
d) also had 6 speed with even closer ratio gears (good for higher speeds)
e) has low end torque ..... and even if a bigger turbo were to be put in, it would still have that low end torque ... thanks to the 2.5L
f) space/potential for wider and higher grip tires
g) has user programmable shift points that have light with sound on dash
h) comes with 6 disc CD changer standard

I know it is 1 sec slower on the Willow springs track according to MT ..... but money is also a concern ..... and everyone keeps saying the Subaru build quality is better than Mitsu's ..... Don't get me wrong I love the EVO, especially the looks and handling ..... but the handling on the STi can be improved (to the level of an Evo) with a tighter steering rack and better tires, and even after that is replaced in will still be cheaper than an MR ..... catch my drift ....
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

MSRP for a STI is only $30K flat?
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

An STI is not 5 grand cheaper! You are comparing sticker(on the MR) to the Sti at way below sticker. Fact is....we have STIs' stickering for about the same amount as the MR will probably be at. So don't going and starting misinformation like this. There is not a 5 grand difference. The 04 STI was not even 30k.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

and second of all....the STI still doesn't have all the sheetmetal and weld reinforcements that the Evo has. The body of the Evo is naturaly stronger and resists flex much better than the STI.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

everything i heard is 35k plus taxes etc.. ur looking at 37k
Old Sep 8, 2004, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

Kdogg, Favre95 I personally know someone who bought an STi for $28.8K when MSRP was $33K. And I myself have been offered an STi from the Suby Dealership for $30K ..... thats where I get it from ..... not trying to spread misinformation but just saying if the Mitsu dealership wants to charge me $35K plus maybe markup then, maybe, its not worth it ..... I understand that the prices vary from dealership to dealership around the country. Just because you haven't found a good deal on one doesn't mean you have to knock what I say. Maybe it would help if you did a little more research next time before you post .....

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Sep 8, 2004 at 09:24 AM.
Old Sep 8, 2004, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

LOL! niiiiiceee .... hey wait a minute are you saying the STi and the Landcruiser are having a tug-o-war!?! and what's that? its stale-mate? haha ... still, that could happen to any car .... but don't forget the STi can tow a max of 2000lb and the EVO has no towing capacity... the reason I say starting to look better is because:
b) has climate control
c) has cruise control
d) also had 6 speed with even closer ratio gears (good for higher speeds)
e) has low end torque ..... and even if a bigger turbo were to be put in, it would still have that low end torque ... thanks to the 2.5L
f) space/potential for wider and higher grip tires
g) has user programmable shift points that have light with sound on dash
h) comes with 6 disc CD changer standard

I know it is 1 sec slower on the Willow springs track according to MT ..... but money is also a concern ..... and everyone keeps saying the Subaru build quality is better than Mitsu's ..... Don't get me wrong I love the EVO, especially the looks and handling ..... but the handling on the STi can be improved (to the level of an Evo) with a tighter steering rack and better tires, and even after that is replaced in will still be cheaper than an MR ..... catch my drift ....

What is the ordeal here? Either you want an STI or you want an EVO. Why not get an 05 GSR? This stuff about the MR coming to compete with the STI is BS. The MR was not coming to give us cruise control, the MR was not coming to give us different colored seats. The GSR Evo was already more then capable of competing with the STI and the MR just makes it a little better at what it already does great.

This Subie build quality deal is completely subjective. It has more to do with the gloss on the brochures, how metallic the paint is, and ignorant statements made by ignorant people then any actual difference. These cars are almost identical inside! Except one has better seats and the other has better colors! Maybe that lighted ring around the ignition makes it 10 times better?? My freinds 94 camry has one of those too!

Basically, go drive them and buy the one you like more. Not sure if you think threatening to buy an STI on here is going to cause Mitsu to lower the price of the MR but by now you should know if you want an Evo or an Sti. Not trying to flame, just saying how I see it.

Quick Reply: MSRP on MR?