Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Bought a 2003 evo rs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bought a 2003 evo rs

On friday i bout an 03 evo im having a few problems with it, its running really rich at idle and though gears, it idles around 1000rpms and it drops here and there to about 700, sometimes sounds like its going to die. I got some codes of the ecu at autozone codes are :
P0172 system to rich
P0138 O2 High Volts
P0300 Random misfire

idk where to start if she needs a tune a new o2 sensor, new plugs, idk if the AFM is okay in it and idk how to fix. If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be nice.

Car have stock intercooler, greedy turbo and BOV, Megan Racing Headers and turboback exhaust, i know it doesn't have the stock 560cc injectors in it i haven't gone that in depth into the engine yet to see what the injectors are.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and advise or help would be much appriecated if i need not worry about any of the codes ect....... let me know
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well it sounds like a good tune might be in order. do some visual inspections first, boost leak, compression test and an overall visual.

take it to your nearest tuner or get an email tune from your favorite tuner

Last edited by vmrevo9; Sep 13, 2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im planing on taking it to a tuner near where im at on saturday, was curious to what other people thought its a really good car other then the fact it is burning really rich and is misfiring on one of the cycles i can't really tell what cycle it is, it seem to only drop in rmp at idle when the fan kicks on but thats just due to more load on the engine i figured, i thought about taking it to the dealer for a tune but idk how much that would run me so i'm taking it to the closest dyno to have those guys tune the engine unless anyone else has any other ideas for me please let me know and thank you for the info.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You cant take it to a dealer to tune it,they dont do performance modding.You have to take it too a tuner that have experience working with EVOs given that you dont know about the car that well its best to take it to someone that knows what they are doing and can effortlessly fix your issues.Just keep in mind its better rich than lean...lol if lean and with a couple spirited driving can cost you an engine.